New pellets QYS FT

Well I sent off for a tin of the new QYS FT pellets, so gave them a quick test this evening against the jsb heavies which I usually use, now it was dark when I did the test and I used the photon rt as its on the hw100, so each test was done with a full mag (14) on each target, I couldn't see the actual dot with the photon so I shot one pellet and aimed at that hole..then I shot the last 8 of my polymag for fun, these are the results, it looks like the jsb just pips it BUT I did pull a couple with the QYS pellets to the left so if you look carefully I think the QYS group would been a little bit tighter even tho both nice groups even tho only 20yds...polymags did good to... 2nd pic with a 5p piece... 

DSC_0409.JPG

DSC_0410.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonjon79 said:

Polymags have always done well in my 100.

Rez will be interested in your results from the QYS pellets :thumbs:

Hopefully I,ll get some longer distances tried but it,ll have to be with the photon which isn't the best in daytime, unless I do a night test haha

Hi Phil,

Here`s an 8 shot group with AA Fields 4.52, 8.4 g at 36 yards with the HW 100 kt .177.

IMG_0073.JPG.6931311a7d9f53867eb3db0d793ba10c.JPG

A big tip for you Phil, with the 100`s :good:

A light spray of gun oil, at arms length every 5 or 6 empty mags ( to the rear of the mag`), considerably improves group sizes with the Fields .

Also note that this 100 barrel has only shot AA Fields 4.52, 8.4g exclusively for nearly 5 years without being cleaned.

atb  Mark

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, mark williams said:

Hi Phil,

Here`s an 8 shot group with AA Fields 4.52, 8.4 g at 36 yards with the HW 100 kt .177.

IMG_0073.JPG.6931311a7d9f53867eb3db0d793ba10c.JPG

A big tip for you Phil, with the 100`s :good:

A light spray of gun oil, at arms length every 5 or 6 empty mags ( to the rear of the mag`), considerably improves group sizes with the Fields .

Also note that this 100 barrel has only shot AA Fields 4.52, 8.4g exclusively for nearly 5 years without being cleaned.

atb  Mark

I always split a new tin of pellets into two tins and give them a quick spray with pellet lube. 

• Like 1

20 yards ? Absolute limits there Phil.

So yeah, posted about these the other day like. Its good to see you've ordered some and posted about them too mate. 

Overall then, there kinda just as good as any other "higher end pellet"... at 20 yards... ?

Like the look of um mate, there a bit cheaper than the snobs usual brands. Might try um myself, but in all honesty, using RWS in me 98 and cant fault um. SuperField though, not domes, aint that pikehhh yet!

9 hours ago, mark williams said:

That won`t cut it the same Phil :no:  ( for me).

Light spray, at arms length mate on an empty 100`s mag` - promise you  :good:

1833231974_IMG_0676(1).JPG.56e704aba7d85ea7b2da453abad62688.JPG

atb  Mark.

Will try that next time mate... Cheers ? 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Rez said:

So yeah, posted about these the other day like. Its good to see you've ordered some and posted about them too mate. 

Overall then, there kinda just as good as any other "higher end pellet"... at 20 yards... ?

Like the look of um mate, there a bit cheaper than the snobs usual brands. Might try um myself, but in all honesty, using RWS in me 98 and cant fault um. SuperField though, not domes, aint that pikehhh yet!

Looking through the tin their pretty well made didn't see and deformed pellets, as I said only got 20yds in the garden so longer distance will have to wait, not got scales to weigh them not sized any yet,..but so far so good... 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Rez said:

REZ, if you want I,ll send you a sample pack to try... foc of course, just let me know ? 

3 hours ago, Phill-W68 said:

REZ, if you want I,ll send you a sample pack to try... foc of course, just let me know ? 

You absolute f'kin diamond... Yeah mate, wing us a couple... 

Ill pm me address later on like.

Nice one Phill x

• Like 1