3 hours ago, Blackbriar said:

I can answer one of your questions............

I used to work for a firm that did deliveries both to shop and to doorsteps. The milk arrived on the same lorries, from the same processing plant, so the freshness is the same. Mind you, I have wondered if it tastes different out of a glass bottle..........a bit like tea tasting different out of a china cup ?

There's still doorsteps deliveries here, (he comes clinking up our road at stupid o'clock), which is a vital service to the elderly and housebound, when the nearest shop is 2 miles away.

something about glass bottles. coke cola from bottle tastes X10 nicer

• Like 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I once had an order for 45 pints, so I knocked on the door to check it was right. A woman answered and said "Yes it's right. Milk baths are good for the skin." I said "Do you want it pasteurised

I can answer one of your questions............ I used to work for a firm that did deliveries both to shop and to doorsteps. The milk arrived on the same lorries, from the same processing plant, s

Anyone's kids still get milk at school ? I had it in tiny glass bottles (1/3rd of a pint ?), and later, my kids had it in small cartons. My late dad's last job was as  a school caretaker.........

when i was a kid first thing every morning was grab the enamelled tin jug out the back gate and upto the farm the old farmer would dunk it in the tank and always said there you go yougun that ll put hairs on yer chest  same thing every morning , but boy did that milk ever taste nice better than anything you get now

• Like 3

Anyone's kids still get milk at school ? I had it in tiny glass bottles (1/3rd of a pint ?), and later, my kids had it in small cartons.

My late dad's last job was as  a school caretaker..........all the surplus milk found its way into our kitchen !

Ah, the little bottles of milk at school. Some had the King's crown on and some had the Queen's. 

So my Dad told me. 

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

We get milk man here but I usually fetch enough raw milk home most days for us? can ram that pasturised shite right up theyre arses???

Complete with mastitis clots and the odd jar full of pink milk with blood in it....not to mention when a cluster gets kicked off and a lump of shite goes up the pipe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone's kids still get milk at school ? I had it in tiny glass bottles (1/3rd of a pint ?), and later, my kids had it in small cartons.

My late dad's last job was as  a school caretaker..........all the surplus milk found its way into our kitchen !

My kids get it but we pay for it..., poor kids get nowt. Think Maggie Thatcher the milk snatcher saw to that back in the 80’s.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

Complete with mastitis clots and the odd jar full of pink milk with blood in it....not to mention when a cluster gets kicked off and a lump of shite goes up the pipe. 

you forgot listeria ....:laugh:

Everyone got thete milk delivered at one point use to be a milk boy4am rise before you went to school. Great days now its all stopped people were stopping there milk cause they were going on holiday coming home and thete houses were tanned  so it soon stopped no to worry kev you will be sound 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

We get milk man here but I usually fetch enough raw milk home most days for us? can ram that pasturised shite right up theyre arses???

Same brother.straight from the bulk tank.dad was a milk tanker driver.there's 2 farms at home where you buy from the farm gate.

8 hours ago, Arry said:

Our family was one of the last around here to have milk delivered to the door step in glass bottles, but gave up in the end because the milk just was not keeping at all, it seemed old when you got it.

Cheers Arry

5 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

something about glass bottles. coke cola from bottle tastes X10 nicer

When we used to have a milkman deliver, he used to get stuck in the local pub half the day and the milk was out on the float in the Sun. It was well cooked. He had to go and so did the milk.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Becoming more popular here by the day, likes been said there’s a couple farms with vending machines an a couple sell bottles a raw milk, we don’t tho out goes direct to arla, but the farmers family am a few staff just take it straight out tank?

I love that. Every time a bottle is sold an EU bureaucrat has an angina attack. Do your duty, gentlemen! 

• Like 1

We had to get a milk safe off the milkman to get the milk in our old house it kept going missing and they gave you these free safes to put on a wall , stopped it when we moved here it was to much bother