Anyone get there milk delivered ? I havent for years up until this morning cant beat ice cold milk and orange juice of a winter morning... helps the old milkman out aswell i guess. Been the same one here for over 40 years .. isit better fresher milk?? Or just the same lol ..tastes better i reckon 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I once had an order for 45 pints, so I knocked on the door to check it was right. A woman answered and said "Yes it's right. Milk baths are good for the skin." I said "Do you want it pasteurised

I can answer one of your questions............ I used to work for a firm that did deliveries both to shop and to doorsteps. The milk arrived on the same lorries, from the same processing plant, s

Anyone's kids still get milk at school ? I had it in tiny glass bottles (1/3rd of a pint ?), and later, my kids had it in small cartons. My late dad's last job was as  a school caretaker.........

I can answer one of your questions............

I used to work for a firm that did deliveries both to shop and to doorsteps. The milk arrived on the same lorries, from the same processing plant, so the freshness is the same. Mind you, I have wondered if it tastes different out of a glass bottle..........a bit like tea tasting different out of a china cup ?

There's still doorsteps deliveries here, (he comes clinking up our road at stupid o'clock), which is a vital service to the elderly and housebound, when the nearest shop is 2 miles away.

• Like 7

I once had an order for 45 pints, so I knocked on the door to check it was right. A woman answered and said "Yes it's right. Milk baths are good for the skin."

I said "Do you want it pasteurised ?"

She said "No, just enough to cover my tits !"

(I'll get my coat.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 8
1 hour ago, waltjnr said:

would get rid of a lot of plastic bottles if we went back to milkman(woman,gender fluid) and glass bottles ,i wonder if blue tits would still take the cream of the top?

Wernt sure about the cream at top lol put mrs right off i just had it on me corn flakes. Lovely 

Our family was one of the last around here to have milk delivered to the door step in glass bottles, but gave up in the end because the milk just was not keeping at all, it seemed old when you got it. Also the milk in the plastic bottles is homogenised which mixes the fats into the milk seems to help it life span.

As for milk tasting better how many you guys remember the mike machines that used to sell milk in a waxy carton. Often at train stations, but have fond memories  of one out side a motor bike shop were all the greaser/rockers leather jacket lads hung out. Milk in them waxy cartons always tasted the best really cold especially after closing time.

Cheers Arry

34 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

I once had an order for 45 pints, so I knocked on the door to check it was right. A woman answered and said "Yes it's right. Milk baths are good for the skin."

I said "Do you want it pasteurised ?"

She said "No, just enough to cover my tits !"

(I'll get my coat.)

haha   like it  lol

Anyone's kids still get milk at school ? I had it in tiny glass bottles (1/3rd of a pint ?), and later, my kids had it in small cartons.

My late dad's last job was as  a school caretaker..........all the surplus milk found its way into our kitchen !

• Like 4

First ever job delivering it. 14 years old back in the mid eighties.. 4a.m start and jumping out the back of a moving van with a crate or two of glass bottled milk and orange juice backwards and landing on top of you... wasn't much fun before school! ? 

Back of the van stunk of mouldy auld milk and broken auld eggs. Chucked me guts up a few times with the stench and went to school reeking!  Got a paper round in the end..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1