Mayweather MMA

https://apple.news/ApgSrFhXZQcGv0fF7gQFNsg

Just seen this on my news feed saying Mayweather is going to fight Tenshin Nasukawa in an MMA fight . If this is really going to be MMA and not just a boxing match in the octagon I can see mayweather getting battered . I’ve seen a few of Nasukawa’s early fights and he looks a bit handy . The report says he’s 4-0 but that’s just in MMA but doesn’t mention he’s 27-0 with 21ko’s in kickboxing aswell . Floyds running and evasiveness won’t really help him when he’s getting hit with leg kicks . Can see him getting done this time , unless he’s dictating what the  rules are going to be 

3 hours ago, jiggy said:

Just seen photo of his opponent and my 8 year old is bigger. Talk about hand picking opponents. I hope the little guy fractures his shins with leg kicks.

He is tiny and I think only 19 but he’s had 4 MMA , 27 kickboxing fights unbeaten and over an 100 amateur fights , that’s a lot of fights for a young lad . If they have hand picked him I think they’ve dropped a bollock. 

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

For all he is mayweather ain’t daft, must be summat in it for him

Probably have it written in the contract that he can’t kick or use knees , there must be something because he won’t have the dodgy Vegas judges to bail him out this time . 

• Like 1

This is about Literature getting a piece of the Japanese MMA business and trying to compete with Dana Whyte. He is going to get exposure in the Asian market. It will be another joke like the McGregor fight was. Just a publicity stunt. Never mind kicks etc it will probably be written into his contract that's it is not as competitive fight and he is not allowed to win!

And people on here say AJ or Fury are robbing money! I won't be paying for this one.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

And people on here say AJ or Fury are robbing money! I won't be paying for this one.

Nor me.., and I refused to watch Mayweather v McGregor on point of principle. People rightly say that boxing is in the entertainment industry, but fans are entertained by quality competitive sport, not by how much hype and razzmattaz goes into the build up.

Mayweather fighting any MMA fighter is the equivalent of Rocky fighting Thunderlips in Rocky III. It should be a charity fund raiser, not lining that vulgar little cretin’s pockets any further.

• Like 3

Looks like it’s not happening now . Mayweather is now claiming he hasn’t agreed to fight him and only agreed to a non televised fight for wealthy businessmen against an unspecified opponent and that he’d never heard of the lad till he got to japan . If he was as clueless as he’s trying to make out what were the press conferences for . Probably seen the kids fights now and changed his mind