Realtree camo waterproof jackets

36 minutes ago, CushtyJook said:

Where's the best reliable online store these days been years since I bought any and don like using online unless vouched for would usually buy at the summer fairs 

I have a coat and over trousers made by mad dog, don't no what the cost of it was new, but it keeps me warm in extremely cold weather and dry in very wet weather, bit extreme for everyday wearing but for the depths of winter it gets me out when most are stuck in and it's lasted many years with no love or respect shown to it here I am modelling the jacket on a night out with my pet heron 

image.jpeg

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

that maddog stuff is really reasonably priced over here.

is it worth buying as my pants/jacket is coming to an end

Ted. Get your Carhartt gear and wash it in Nikwax. It solves the insulation and rain/snow repellancy issue and the inside condensation problem at the same time.

Maddog is worth the money though.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ChrisJones said:

Ted. Get your Carhartt gear and wash it in Nikwax. It solves the insulation and rain/snow repellancy issue and the inside condensation problem at the same time.

Maddog is worth the money though.

me carhartt jacket is for work

the winter hunting jacket/pants i bought was from a sports shop in vegas of all places.

i think the brand is whitewater.been alright really but aged.not waterproof not that we get much rain here as its normally turns to snow.

just wondering what the exterior fabric is like on this maddog stuff as i hate noisy stuff.

cabelas jackets are over rated and i dont like the feel of their stuff

7 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

the winter hunting jacket/pants i bought was from a sports shop in vegas of all places.

i think the brand is whitewater.been alright really but aged.not waterproof not that we get much rain here as its normally turns to snow.

Fair one. We're the same although we'll get a lot less precipitation that you do. Nikwax is plenty for us.

8 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

just wondering what the exterior fabric is like on this maddog stuff as i hate noisy stuff.

It's not too bad as far as breathable waterproofs go but your best bet is to physically check the jacket and see if it's within your tolerance levels. I wear it as a light rain cover. I have a Berne coat and overalls as they're heavy duty duck cotton and I don't have to worry about the condensation build up on the inside. Again I wash them in Nikwax and treat them every couple of years.

21 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Fair one. We're the same although we'll get a lot less precipitation that you do. Nikwax is plenty for us.

It's not too bad as far as breathable waterproofs go but your best bet is to physically check the jacket and see if it's within your tolerance levels. I wear it as a light rain cover. I have a Berne coat and overalls as they're heavy duty duck cotton and I don't have to worry about the condensation build up on the inside. Again I wash them in Nikwax and treat them every couple of years.

just done a quick search........cabelas which is 2 hrs away doesnt stock it

and i cant find a canadian supplier,not even on amazon.ca

this will be a pointless exercise me thinks

Just now, Ted Newgent said:

just done a quick search........cabelas which is 2 hrs away doesnt stock it

and i cant find a canadian supplier,not even on amazon.ca

this will be a pointless exercise me thinks

Do you have a local Walmart? That's where I picked mine up! :laugh:

• Haha 1
Just now, ChrisJones said:

Do you have a local Walmart? That's where I picked mine up! :laugh:

LOL

sorry mate,nowt is local where i live

nearest one is over an hour and i dont think they stock hunting clothes

but next time i go i will check

shopping in canada sucks big time if you live were i live

2 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

LOL

sorry mate,nowt is local where i live

nearest one is over an hour and i dont think they stock hunting clothes

but next time i go i will check

shopping in canada sucks big time if you live were i live

I getcha mate. My local Walmart is about 45 miles away but we have a Sportsman's Warehouse, CAL Ranch and IFA all nearby. You can't move for hunting gear at this time of the year.