Victory in county court

When the judge said how much do you want for travelling expenses I said well I put £60 worth of diesel in this morning and I should be able to get back on that . He said we pay 45 pence per mile you traveled 200 miles here so that’s a 400 mile round trip so that’s £180 . I looked at the owner as his head went down and thought “ I wouldn’t mind doing this every week”!!!???

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
6 minutes ago, bob.243 said:

Well done, take my hat off to you. ?

My son's going through similar at the moment for unpaid wages.

Tell him to have faith in the court , the judge was as sharp as a tack and dissected the evidence with the wisdom of Solomon. He was able to see that we were entitled to a refund and were trying to be fair and he was just trying to weasel his was out of it . If your son has a genuine case he should win . 

22 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Tell him to have faith in the court , the judge was as sharp as a tack and dissected the evidence with the wisdom of Solomon. He was able to see that we were entitled to a refund and were trying to be fair and he was just trying to weasel his was out of it . If your son has a genuine case he should win . 

Thanks for the advise, my son's got him by the bollocks, he is due payment for leu of notice and overtime worked, he has the signed timesheets, and pay slips to prove he has not been paid. His employer has even lied to his own solicitor saying my son had never ever worked overtime for him, when in fact at one time he was called out on a Sunday night and worked 81/2 Hrs. during this time his boss worked along with him for 3Hrs. In that occasion he was paid. I think he will settle out of court, as when timesheets and payslips are presented to his solicitor he will bottle it. ( The Sherriff has ordered his employer and my son to swap evidence to one another  before it goes to court to see if it can be settled amicably.) I think that when his employers solicitor see's my son's evidence he will not be amused with his client.

Like yourself my son is representing himself. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bob.243 said:

Well done, take my hat off to you. ?

My son's going through similar at the moment for unpaid wages.

A mate has just been through this, his employer went bust, ACAS sorted most of it to get it to court.  Got paid all he was owed, and costs awarded to the employer, so your son should breeze it with a bit of luck.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, jiggy said:

Andy dufresne. He swam through a river of shit and came out clean the other side. Shaw Shank Redemtion. Good film.

I wouldn’t compare what I went through to that , for a start we didn’t have the “showers” . It was a great film though. ?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Balaur said:

Good for you. It's a fair outcome by the sounds some people shouldn't be in hospitality full stop. 

I’ve tried to be fair from the outset. We used his heating oil and electric, his bedding . We enjoyed the holiday in spite of everything that was wrong and below standard. But if you advertise 5 bathrooms and only have one working and all the other issues then you have to at least discuss a refund, and that is something he would not do . 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I’ve tried to be fair from the outset. We used his heating oil and electric, his bedding . We enjoyed the holiday in spite of everything that was wrong and below standard. But if you advertise 5 bathrooms and only have one working and all the other issues then you have to at least discuss a refund, and that is something he would not do . 

does he have a website?  reviews?  maybe a negative review to warn otheres.

13 minutes ago, riohog said:

does he have a website?  reviews?  maybe a negative review to warn otheres.

It’s called the copper house in Gwennap near Falmouth. It was on Sykes cottages. We didn’t want to rock the boat with Sykes because they have been quite helpful, they backed me up as much as they could . 

• Like 1