First day on the shoot

That’s it, over for another year, 41 was the bag and there was some screamers, two of the drives produced some very high and fast birds, kids all got some good shooting and everyone went home happy, we will be having a squirrel day for the kids over the next couple of weeks, we put 750 birds down and we are around 450 shot and picked with a few more not found, so you will get no complaints form me with them numbers from our little shoot ?

B59BA7E8-A268-4427-B8ED-03E746FB4AC3.jpeg

9B7387F6-E706-41EF-8B07-C488690C253A.jpeg

6C17F39E-6280-4D23-BC96-A595B20951EA.jpeg

96DF8FE9-3AB8-4046-9CF9-51BE9F5728B9.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 2
  • 2 months later...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a small boundary day to start with, teaching them to fly, 39 shot, couple of pigeons and the kids had a go at the squirrels, had my top new beater with me, my mates little lad Hugo, he never left

Another fantastic day on the shoot, had a mate of mine shooting with us today from Lincolnshire ( Robin foxer off YouTube) and it was definitely worth his 3 hour drive to get here both him and his mat

A few more from the day

Posted Images

All change on the shoot, forestry have started thinning out around two of the pens so I’ve been up today to see them as they want to be in one of the pens, these lads don’t mess about, I was shocked at how much timber they have taken out, some of it has opened up nicely and will create a couple of new drives putting birds over a valley giving some high shooting, on the down side we may have to move a pen, they should be finished in a week or so giving it time to settle down and for the ground cover to establish over the summer, I had a walk over the far side of the shoot and was pleased to see a fair few birds still about, this is the first year we have continued to feed them through the winter around the boundaries and they are looking well, I spotted one cock with 8 hens ushering them in and out the hedge row, the lucky lad ?

4F780927-2B10-4186-A4E1-14AE54BA10B3.jpeg

8AF1CDCD-3F69-49F6-AE6D-82DFE72D6935.jpeg

0D1A4A7B-E56B-4E84-B206-9FD904E585E3.jpeg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Stavross said:

All change on the shoot, forestry have started thinning out around two of the pens so I’ve been up today to see them as they want to be in one of the pens, these lads don’t mess about, I was shocked at how much timber they have taken out, some of it has opened up nicely and will create a couple of new drives putting birds over a valley giving some high shooting, on the down side we may have to move a pen, they should be finished in a week or so giving it time to settle down and for the ground cover to establish over the summer, I had a walk over the far side of the shoot and was pleased to see a fair few birds still about, this is the first year we have continued to feed them through the winter around the boundaries and they are looking well, I spotted one cock with 8 hens ushering them in and out the hedge row, the lucky lad ?

4F780927-2B10-4186-A4E1-14AE54BA10B3.jpeg

8AF1CDCD-3F69-49F6-AE6D-82DFE72D6935.jpeg

0D1A4A7B-E56B-4E84-B206-9FD904E585E3.jpeg

Looks good, they've made plenty of room. Might not get whipped in the face as much now when beating?????