First day on the shoot

9 minutes ago, Deker said:

Sometimes at can be more fun with less people!

Looks like you had a decent day! :thumbs:

It was a top day, all the kids got some good shooting and as a bit of a bonus the beaters that wanted to have a go also got a stand and we beat for them and I can’t complain about the birds they put over me ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a small boundary day to start with, teaching them to fly, 39 shot, couple of pigeons and the kids had a go at the squirrels, had my top new beater with me, my mates little lad Hugo, he never left

Another fantastic day on the shoot, had a mate of mine shooting with us today from Lincolnshire ( Robin foxer off YouTube) and it was definitely worth his 3 hour drive to get here both him and his mat

A few more from the day

Posted Images

Absolutely gutted I missed the shoot mate, bloody work getting in the way again.

Only bonus today was I’ve just bagged 13 hours of time and half.  That will be getting put in my shoot fund, the Mrs can bugger off?

Would have much rather bagged 13 hours of shooting though.

Will definitely be on the next. 

Looks like you had a cracking day mate, I was nearly in tears when you sent me them WhatsApps??

• Like 1
20 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Keep em comin stavross my big mate had his first proper shoot today?  ain’t spoke to him yet but he was buzzing yesterday when we was out, 140 a day I think he said he paid an bought 3 days so far

Keep the pics am posts coming tho it’s  a bit diff to the norm??

If it’s the first time he has done driven birds he will love it, I still really enjoy birds pushed out of woodland because you are never sure where they will come out and as long as they are above the trees that’s high enough for me ?

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Longshanx said:

Absolutely gutted I missed the shoot mate, bloody work getting in the way again.

Only bonus today was I’ve just bagged 13 hours of time and half.  That will be getting put in my shoot fund, the Mrs can bugger off?

Would have much rather bagged 13 hours of shooting though.

Will definitely be on the next. 

Looks like you had a cracking day mate, I was nearly in tears when you sent me them WhatsApps??

We’ll see how it goes on the next one, if it shoots ok we might squeeze another day in before the end of the season ?, we bumped a couple of foxes yesterday so we’ll let them be until we have finished because they are clearing up the birds not picked, so if you are up for it we’ll have a late one early February see if we can cover a bit more ground than usual 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Stavross said:

We’ll see how it goes on the next one, if it shoots ok we might squeeze another day in before the end of the season ?, we bumped a couple of foxes yesterday so we’ll let them be until we have finished because they are clearing up the birds not picked, so if you are up for it we’ll have a late one early February see if we can cover a bit more ground than usual 

Sounds like a plan?? We’ll sort something out

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 18:08, Stavross said:

Just a small boundary day to start with, teaching them to fly, 39 shot, couple of pigeons and the kids had a go at the squirrels, had my top new beater with me, my mates little lad Hugo, he never left my side all day, this is what I love about these shoot days, free range kids that enjoy been out in the fresh air

20A8C9DA-627E-44D2-824F-E529D1AD5661.jpeg

8DE25B7C-2AAC-4BB6-BE13-CA67A9F5DE77.jpeg

he,ll remember that forever bloody brilliant brill memorys

• Like 1
On 21/12/2018 at 21:19, Stavross said:

I must of seen over 30 when I was walking about so a squirrel day is on the cards at the end of the season ?

Squirrel day is the best day of the season :laugh: :gunsmilie:

If all the shooting I had was proper squirrel days and pigeon roosting then I'd consider myself a lucky fella.

• Like 1

There was plenty of the tree rats about today, but I think the .243 might of been a bit over the top for them

I went up this morning for a few reasons, firstly to feed up and to see where the birds were so I could make a little drive plan for our next outing in a weeks time, there seems to be about four drives that are still holding good numbers, I got there at first light so  I could see where the birds had been over night, they were where I had expected them to be, they seem to have stayed close to the two main release pens this year, secondly thought  I’d have a look for a fox at day break, that’s making a pest of itself around the farm, I had one come in front of me on one of the rides but it wasn’t stopping, I also think I seen one on a boundary but it could of been my eyes playing tricks on me as it wasn’t quite light, the problem up here is you need to call them into the field or on the tree line as unless you are baiting you can’t get them to stop in the woodland, so I’ll give it a couple of weeks and I’ll be up on a night to have a go at them, there was also a lot of fallow out I walked up on a group of seven out in a small field of rape, I think it’s time I got myself a DSLR camera instead of using my phone because on days like this I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else and it’s nicr to have a little record of your days out ?

93D8D683-C7CF-456E-ADD2-65DE92C86BFF.jpeg

867066AB-DFD2-487E-B3F3-3F0690E9A927.jpeg

78C06C94-D297-42B7-A39C-F6F9E6F21779.jpeg

1D0E52E8-8A04-4175-8027-CE162BD0D0BA.jpeg

• Like 1

Second to last day on the shoot and another cracker, 46 pheasant and 1 woodcock, everyone got a bit of shooting and one of our youngest guns ( 10 years old ) got his first bird with his 410, well done jake, we are now over half the birds we put down and there’s still a few about for one last day, the morning was lovely and clear but by the afternoon the cloud came in and we got a bit wet but the birds were still flying so we carried on, we had my little beater Hugo with us today he had a cracking day picking up, bird in hand and a smile on his face, he’s the big 4 tomorrow so I’ll be round to see him tomorrow for a bit of his cake ?

another selfie for longshanx seen as you mocked my last one ?

3C15BC37-27FD-4077-87BA-BB95B5DCB871.jpeg

B9C97F96-1F2D-4E11-BC2C-F6DA1466402A.jpeg

500BF2A7-E3DB-45D7-BA0C-054F06D2BAB4.jpeg

ED5A4932-98E0-452C-ADCC-90413FD80ACB.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1

With one more day to go it was my turn to feed up today, I walked 5 of the drives with 3 of them still holding a few birds, with it been this late in the season I wasn’t expecting to see much at all but was pleasantly surprised, I can’t remember a time when we have held onto the birds this late, it would seem that all the extra work we have put in this year has paid off, it was like a spring day up there today with the cock birds out in the fields puffing there chests out and laying claim to there patch

F06E4230-5802-49D3-8A92-FB3E97B2D93A.jpeg

CEC143C5-B053-4DE4-96B5-8BB2068A2242.jpeg

07003A25-702B-454F-824F-3381FEBEEC8F.jpeg

• Like 2