First day on the shoot

15 minutes ago, Stavross said:

That’s the one thing I really like about this shoot is the amount of kids that come, not just to beat but to shoot as well ( under supervision ) there’s not many kids about that you can get out the house in all weather at 6 in the morning, so we need to look after this lot

A word of warning . Make sure the kids are warm and dry , make sure they have good clothes to keep them that way . My youngest daughter used to be keen until she got soaked and cold . Never been out since . 

• Like 2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a small boundary day to start with, teaching them to fly, 39 shot, couple of pigeons and the kids had a go at the squirrels, had my top new beater with me, my mates little lad Hugo, he never left

Another fantastic day on the shoot, had a mate of mine shooting with us today from Lincolnshire ( Robin foxer off YouTube) and it was definitely worth his 3 hour drive to get here both him and his mat

A few more from the day

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Second day on the shoot and a good day was had by all, 47 pheasants and 3 woodies, still some low flyers so you have to pick your birds, took longshanx for his first go at driven game and he bagged himself a brace so smiles all round 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Longshanx said:

Had a fantastic day, great people and some great shooting. 

The smell of gun powder in the air and birds dropping. The dogs worked brilliantly.

Thanks for taking me along Stavross, loved every minute???

Glad you enjoyed it, it’s a bit different to tramping across muddy fields with me chasing them ginger terrorists, it makes it a good day when everyone gets a bit of shooting and get a long enjoying the day together 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, The one said:

Looks like the wee man enjoyed it and nice to see him with ear defenders on 

He loves coming out for the day with us, I could of done with borrowing them ear defenders when we were walking around, he never stops talking, a proper little lad and he can come on them days with me anytime ?

1 minute ago, Stavross said:

He loves coming out for the day with us, I could of done with borrowing them ear defenders when we were walking around, he never stops talking, a proper little lad and he can come on them days with me anytime ?

If only i had wore them when i first started shooting i wouldn't be deaf in my left ear . i cant comment loudly enough now its to late about ear protection 

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...