Stone troughts

Anyone with experience in selling old stone troughts I'm back England and clearing up the place at the moment dug a large stone trought out its about 7foot long and 2 foot across split in half so would need fixing back with cement anyone know what they fetch or how to sell it as want gone was thinking of ringing auction house or reclamation yards 

12 minutes ago, CushtyJook said:

Anyone with experience in selling old stone troughts I'm back England and clearing up the place at the moment dug a large stone trought out its about 7foot long and 2 foot across split in half so would need fixing back with cement anyone know what they fetch or how to sell it as want gone was thinking of ringing auction house or reclamation yards 

Where ?

You can get some stone resins like a strong glue I'd bond it back together and make the split as invisible as possible if you are any good at theses thing you may need to scutch chisel the joints abit but don't chip the face side of the stone as you can tell it's been repaired even though will weather in quick enough then flog it on a lot don't make the money they used to as it's people are going more modern but someone looking for something for old cottages or barn conversions still love them

5 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Whos gonty buy a broken stone plant pot?

It looks good one in place and joined up plus it weights an absolute bomb it's not broken broken it's a clean break I imagine was broken to move as it's 8 foot long and almost 2ft wide a good mix of cement and you won't be able to tell its broke after a while 

Edited by CushtyJook
4 minutes ago, CushtyJook said:

It looks good one in place and joined up plus it weights an absolute bomb it's not broken broken it's a clean break I imagine was broken to move as it's 8 foot long and almost 2ft wide a good mix of cement and you won't be able to tell its broke after a while 

you can drill holes in them and and insert rods with epoxy resin to hold it together ,then put natural yogurt on the joint to age it quick 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, sid g said:

if you don't get the repair right it will bust again soon as you move it ,,

Yeah it's best left as it is then joined up when left in place a good stonemsn once told me to pour milk over stone to make it go mouldy and look older quickly he was a well known reclamation man in the west county who would make the newer stuff look older