Whats App

Help me out please.

I have a contact on Whats App that has just changed phone number, I have deleted old and new shows on my contact list, but the old number has not gone and Whats app continues to send  to the old number even though the new shows on top.

I cant seem to delete old number and nothing is going to the new one.

I guess this isn't very clear but if you can help I would be grateful, the web hasn't helped!!

Thanks!!!

21 minutes ago, Deker said:

Help me out please.

I have a contact on Whats App that has just changed phone number, I have deleted old and new shows on my contact list, but the old number has not gone and Whats app continues to send  to the old number even though the new shows on top.

I cant seem to delete old number and nothing is going to the new one.

I guess this isn't very clear but if you can help I would be grateful, the web hasn't helped!!

Thanks!!!

Ignore that, get what your saying now.... Feck knows sorry

Edited by Jackknife

Something just isn't happening for me with Whats App.    I deleted the entire entry in my phone book, and deleted all the old chats in Whats app.

Re-entered the contact details on the phone and they all appear in my phone contacts list, but the entire entry has now disappeared from my Whats App contacts????????

Has the other bloke installed Whatsapp on his new phone? 

Go to the app, then click the green box on the bottom right which will bring up everyone in your non-whatsapp phone book whether you have chatted with them or not. If it doesn't bring his name up, he hasn't installed it on his new phone.

I've been tearing my hair out with this one and I think it is something to do with the new phone number settings.  Whats App refuses to see the new number but is happy with the old.  I have questioned default security/visibility setting with the owner of the new phone and I am assured they are all unrestricted and open, but I have my doubts!

Cheers

9 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Get him to send you something g then he's in your chat list 

Had same with phone I gave to a mate getting my mail even though I deleted everything 

:thumbs: Tried that, nothing arrives??????????????????

1 hour ago, Astanley said:

Simple solution that I use .....hand phone to young person and say "sort it " 

Mrs just gone from IPhone 5 to Sony Experia, I've downloaded the user manual for her, she says she doesn't need it as "the kids at work" will sort it lol

Cheers, D.