Does anyone make decent Stanley style cattys  like asa Wilson did ? Tho king of getting my old man one for Xmas for when he's out with hawks or dogs I've trawled the net can't seem.to find any except on stone spear but just not that special any info or sites would be brilliant cheers. fd.

• Like 1

I believe asa is still trading as Romany custom catty,s mate, I think he does his stuff on Facebook in one of the catty forums, not sure as I don't go on there but that seems to be the way many have gone, he also has a few films on utube you may be able to contact him through,  don't be tempted to go with gamekeeper John, he promised my daughter a catty for me for Christmas in around October/Nov last year and she ended up buying one else were then had to file a dispute to get her money back from her, he deletes any negative comments from Facebook and would,nt even respond to her emails ?

57 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I believe asa is still trading as Romany custom catty,s mate, I think he does his stuff on Facebook in one of the catty forums, not sure as I don't go on there but that seems to be the way many have gone, he also has a few films on utube you may be able to contact him through,  don't be tempted to go with gamekeeper John, he promised my daughter a catty for me for Christmas in around October/Nov last year and she ended up buying one else were then had to file a dispute to get her money back from her, he deletes any negative comments from Facebook and would,nt even respond to her emails ?

Gamekeeper John is a victim of his own success and personally he will not see a penny of my money again.  A rude ignorant man he is.

Sorry to moan on your thread Flynndog, I wish I could be more help to ya.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, flynndog said:

Gamekeeper John's a waste of air and I'm not on Facebook I've got a couple ally pheasant shoppers i had done before gk  John did em but want something real box to give him 

Take a look on the pro shot site mate https://proshotcatapults.com/ he has lots of other people's catty,s he makes on licence and delivery is quick ??

6 minutes ago, the lamping ferreter said:

What happened to the old style bone handle with leather ears and square or tube elastic all I see these days is fancy style funny shaped ones with this flat band stuff is it better we'll must be if everyone has gone over to them ?

Still about mate 

05E31C1D-A5EA-4CE6-A7C1-F1503ED7E234.jpeg.667232824c060d3f6a38ba33c9a4fa55.jpeg

• Like 2
5 hours ago, the lamping ferreter said:

What happened to the old style bone handle with leather ears and square or tube elastic all I see these days is fancy style funny shaped ones with this flat band stuff is it better we'll must be if everyone has gone over to them ?

It is easier to shoot with flats but don't last as long as tubes or squares I've got a couple of pheasant shoppers i had done in ally 3 brand new and the one i use had em few year now since first came on here 

Just finished making this one today got another one that will be done by weekend. What are you after band wise, he shoots big lead isit? I'm prefer older type catties. Had lots of kills with flatlands but they don't look pretty lol. 

IMG_20181106_203955_348.jpg

• Like 2
On 05/11/2018 at 14:20, flynndog said:

Something like that I'm after or stanley style ally  one with some nice scales on gave the old man a couple of modern ones to try and wants old school type

They barnett bands on there mate?