Health and Fitness

10 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Mature cheddar, stilton or Gloucester ?

Don't know about you but I really enjoy it

Yeah i love me cheese lad, have you tryed avacado very good healthy fat, what about coconut oil.

I eat a spoonful every morning before i kick a ball.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am in my 60s ,quite strong 6ft 2 in , 12st 7 lb ,but my back is f****d from all the shagging .....oh hang on ,that not me that's Ray .

I was with the mrs on holiday once and we were walking along the cliffs and some runners came along and I said look at the daft fookers killing them selves but really I was jealous as I hung off the g

Vince Gironda the iron guru  was way ahead of his time. I've done keto diets and it does work but I've had the best consistent results from eating clean and tracking my calories and planning my meals

Posted Images

14 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

I meant the diet in whole mate.

No I ain't, need to broaden my horizon

Doesn’t sound like you do, seem to be doing pretty well to me. I started Keto last Tuesday ish after hearing Tyson fury talk about it on joe rogan podcast. Didn’t weigh myself at the start but have been 15 and half stone ish for a long time not really fluctuating. This morning I was 15 on the dot.

been eating different stuff every day but a lot of cauli either in its usual form or as rice. Had steak, chicken, cod most of the time but had burgers one night, didn’t seem right without a bun ? 

today I plan on just having strawberry’s blended into Greek yoghurt at 12ish and then some cauliflower soup later on with 100g of peanuts at some point to snack on.

Also worth noting when I wake up I feel awake no tiredness and lost all cravings for shit food like McDonald’s and stuff. I work from a car so it’s so easy to just stop and get a warm McDonald’s than make a cold shitty packed lunch. Not anymore doesn’t even enter my head.

17 hours ago, Francie said:

Well done shh thats great work, you should add more fat to your diet, full fat cream, proper butter etc, the more fat the better on keto.

If he wants to loose weight though he still has to eat at a calorie deficit. Even on keto he cant just eat everything fatty. Soon as he puts himself in a calorie surplus he'll start gaining weight.

From what I have heard when you become keto-adapted your carb cravings stop and you become satiated for longer (so long as you have fat stores to fuel you) and so you don't tend to over eat from cravings which makes it easier to loose weight. The actual weight loss mechanism is the same as any other diet, a calorie deficit.

3 hours ago, Parabuteos lad said:

Doesn’t sound like you do, seem to be doing pretty well to me. I started Keto last Tuesday ish after hearing Tyson fury talk about it on joe rogan podcast. Didn’t weigh myself at the start but have been 15 and half stone ish for a long time not really fluctuating. This morning I was 15 on the dot.

been eating different stuff every day but a lot of cauli either in its usual form or as rice. Had steak, chicken, cod most of the time but had burgers one night, didn’t seem right without a bun ? 

today I plan on just having strawberry’s blended into Greek yoghurt at 12ish and then some cauliflower soup later on with 100g of peanuts at some point to snack on.

I prefer broccoli over cauliflower tbh. Chicken thighs are only 1.70 a kilo at Aldi so I smash through them. 

Today work provided food, sausage bap and cheese sandwich. Out the bread and you've got f**k all ?

I use Greek yoghurt as a sweet but don't add fruit. 

3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

If he wants to loose weight though he still has to eat at a calorie deficit. Even on keto he cant just eat everything fatty. Soon as he puts himself in a calorie surplus he'll start gaining weight.

From what I have heard when you become keto-adapted your carb cravings stop and you become satiated for longer (so long as you have fat stores to fuel you) and so you don't tend to over eat from cravings which makes it easier to loose weight. The actual weight loss mechanism is the same as any other diet, a calorie deficit.

I don't crave carbs at all now mate

• Like 1

Lot of lazy feckers on here by the sound of things, I was 11 1/2 stone at my fighting fittest, when I was in my late teens early twenty,s, at nearly 57 years old I,m just over 12stone and have never been on a diet in my life, i don't drink fizzy drinks and I don't eat Maccy, D, kfc or any other fast food shite, can't say I never have(odd one)  but they are not part of my mainstream diet, i do physical work every day and if I,m not grafting I,m out with my dogs walking or fixing shit around the house or for other people, sadly people are encouraged to sit in front of a screen and have everything delivered to there feet today and we have been told the world is so dangerous your better off sticking your kids in front of a games consul and feeding them pizza than sending them down the woods and telling them not to come home until tea time,  dieting is as bad for you as being a big fatty but both are also a multi billion pound industry, so you will be pushed back and forth between the two, just get out and get active and if you have kids get outside and play in the street with them or up the woods you,ll all sleep better and stay fitter, 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Parabuteos lad said:

Goodman yourself, i must check out what tyson fury has to say, he must have used the keto to loose the weight mate.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

The thing about keto born is that eating high fat moderate protein an little to no carbs is the staple, then youve got the fact that cause your body is not receiving the (gluscose) cite, for fuel, it resorts to burning your fat for fuel, so the weight falls off, but that can only happen with high fat, moderate protein, little to no carbs.

If you still ate carbs on a calorie deficent diet, you wouldnt loose weight as good as on the keto mate.

1 minute ago, Francie said:

The thing about keto born is that eating high fat moderate protein an little to no carbs is the staple, then youve got the fact that cause your body is not receiving the (gluscose) cite, for fuel, it resorts to burning your fat for fuel, so the weight falls off, but that can only happen with high fat, moderate protein, little to no carbs.

Only if you're in a calorie deficit. Ketosis doesn't just burn stored fat, it burns dietary fat too, right. If you are eating more calories than your body needs then you will still gain weight in the form of stored fat.

https://blog.virtahealth.com/dietary-fat-burned-before-stored-fat-keto/

My point is, if you eat a calorie surplus while in ketosis, you will gain weight in proportion to the size of the surplus. I only point this out because your post seemed to suggest otherwise.

I think the biggest benefit of ketosis is mental. You won't get that low energy fatigued feeling when your bodies carb source runs out, so long as you have sufficient fat stored. It's a really stable diet for endurance. It's being experimented with for the military I think and outdoorsman are singing it's praises as they can maintain physically demanding work without needing to carb load several times a day.

16 minutes ago, Francie said:

If you still ate carbs on a calorie deficent diet, you wouldnt loose weight as good as on the keto mate.

I have no clue about that but pretty sure there's little in it mate. Not all calories are perfectly equal, the body requires different amounts of energy to turn different calorie sources in to useable energy but there isn't that much in it really.

• Like 1