Good lightweight hunting pcp

3 hours ago, lifelong cumbrian said:

Was it a weight issue with you mate or balance or both, i think my 100ks is front heavy, very accurate and well made though and a good mag system

No was not a weight issue the original cylinder sprung a leak so I bought a a and m cylinder, in hindsight I should have bought a couple of secondhand hw cylinders as you can not unscrew the a and m without loosing all the air.

• Like 1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say.  There are some areas of life where looks/aesthetics should be irrelevant and shooting is certainly one.    Guns should be bought on performance not l

The weight of the Ultra is 2.6k, 820mm plus mod..........................weight of 110k is 3.1, 900mm total length inc mod.  The difference in views on here is a little academic as none of us hav

This might be worth a second glance, pleased I did. The all new HW110K     Phil

Posted Images

Ya bunch o' fannys :p

......... The first thing I do with an HW100 is put an A&M cylinder and silencer on - they are lighter so, they bring the centre of balance further back, making the rifle less front heavy and, easier to shoulder.

the standard HW full length cylinder weighs approximately 870g - the A&M one is 395g.

A&M carbine cylinder is 332g

........ And, you get an increased shot count - I've not bothered counting it with my full length one but, my old Kt went from 4 mags, to almost 7 :thumbs:

Yes, you can't remove the cylinder without losing all of the air but, why would you need to? It's quick fill.

......... If it does ever have to be removed, you can just dry fire until it's empty - it won't do any harm.

I use A&M because I like their products and the service has always been 1st class but, there are a few people doing lightweight cylinders for these rifles now - HW100 Tuning, Ratworks, Airtech, FX, Vmach - all worth a look :thumbs:

IMG_20180308_070922.jpg

IMG_20160510_191953.jpg

• Like 2
On 29/10/2018 at 20:40, lifelong cumbrian said:

I have a hw100KS which i find nose heavy and just heavy, i know it is light in comparison to most air rifles though. I wont part with it but wish i had got something lighter maybe something like a ultra se. I just use my guns for hunting rabbits pigeons etc. I rarely fire more than 20 shots most looks out so doesnt need a lot of shots in the tank. Accurate  and light is what im looking at. I might buy another one soon, would be for daytime hunting and could get a nv scope for the 100 and keep it for that. How do you rate the ultra. Thank you.

I wanted a light weight gun for shooting rabbits and like you I probably fire around 20 shots, what had spoilt air rifle hunting for me in the past had always been lugging a 8-10 lbs gun around, so I bought a ultra se 177 and I can’t fault it as it’s very light very accurate ideal for  hunting rabbits .

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, lifelong cumbrian said:

Think i will try a new cylinder, i agree it is more of a balance issue than weight. Also going to have a look at a ultra se 177. If i got the ultra i wont be selling the 100.

I'm not sure this will make the difference you want!

Finance commonly comes into this, but why don't you go and try/hold various other guns before you go down this path!

:thumbs:

1 hour ago, lifelong cumbrian said:

Think i will try a new cylinder, i agree it is more of a balance issue than weight. Also going to have a look at a ultra se 177. If i got the ultra i wont be selling the 100.

I wouldn’t waste the money if your gun is a carbine, the difference is next to nothing!

• Like 1

Just realised that I posted back on page one, i said the Ultra weight is 2.6it and the new HW110K is 3.1kg..............My error, the HW110K is also 2.6kg so the same as the Ultra. It is the standard 110 which is 3.1kg.

Sorry about that.

Phil

• Like 1
On 01/11/2018 at 16:59, lifelong cumbrian said:

Was talking to a lad who had one of these today, he said it was light accurate but the magazine was crap and kept jamming up, said he sold it for that reason.

I’ve got the elite model with a bigger air cylinder. The mag is pellet fussy, but works fine with most domed pellets. I put my hw100 moderator on it and it’s really quiet. Quieter than the hw100 for some reason. The fussiness of the mag is my only bugbear with this gun, but as I say, plenty of domed pellets suit it. Loves bisley magnums and jsb exact so don’t be too put off. It won’t cycle wadcutters etc very well though.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, philpot said:

Just realised that I posted back on page one, i said the Ultra weight is 2.6it and the new HW110K is 3.1kg..............My error, the HW110K is also 2.6kg so the same as the Ultra. It is the standard 110 which is 3.1kg.

Sorry about that.

Phil

Oh thanks, that has me more interested now. Going to have have a look at the 110k, is the stock synthetic with a soft top on it. thank you.

Thank you mate, what chance do you think they may do a walnut or laminated stock in time. Its doing my nut this gun crack, i have the 100ks which i like apart from the front heavy thing, have a mint sfs tuned hw90 and a old 127sport i think it is. In time 2 guns will do me, i want one for day and one for night, have a home made add on but in time might put a proper nv scope on. I was thinking about getting a lighter one for my day gun and setting the 100 up for night time, not really wanting to sell the other 2 but how many guns do you want. If the 100 was a little lighter for a day gun i would just buy another 100ks or even kt in 177 same as the other. I had my mtc viper connect scope on the 100 which made it a bit lighter but have put the mamba back on as i have some rats to do with nv. my add on wont fit that scope. Was going to put the viper on the 95 put dont think it will be any good, as you need to get your eye right up to the scope be not good on a springer? it will smack me in the eye? i love the air rifle job, always had one but cant my head round it like ferreting and fishing.