Good lightweight hunting pcp

I have a hw100KS which i find nose heavy and just heavy, i know it is light in comparison to most air rifles though. I wont part with it but wish i had got something lighter maybe something like a ultra se. I just use my guns for hunting rabbits pigeons etc. I rarely fire more than 20 shots most looks out so doesnt need a lot of shots in the tank. Accurate  and light is what im looking at. I might buy another one soon, would be for daytime hunting and could get a nv scope for the 100 and keep it for that. How do you rate the ultra. Thank you.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say.  There are some areas of life where looks/aesthetics should be irrelevant and shooting is certainly one.    Guns should be bought on performance not l

The weight of the Ultra is 2.6k, 820mm plus mod..........................weight of 110k is 3.1, 900mm total length inc mod.  The difference in views on here is a little academic as none of us hav

This might be worth a second glance, pleased I did. The all new HW110K     Phil

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, villaman said:

Ultra really good and even better with a reg and tune IMO.

You could also by a light weight cylinder for 100k  , makes a big difference in every way 

Thank you, i had thought about the lighter cylinder, i opted for a lighter scope, got on second hand to try, probably should just have got the cylinder instead as the gun is front heavy i personally think.

54 minutes ago, lifelong cumbrian said:

I have been following the thread about that 110, bit of a mixed reception on here, will continue to follow it. What weight are those in comparison to the ultra se. Thank you.

Yes very good guns , I just sold mine but wish I hadn’t. I will be buying another soon may be the k 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, villaman said:

Yes very good guns , I just sold mine but wish I hadn’t. I will be buying another soon may be the k 

If im honest i do like the look of the hw110

its just the mag loading that gets on my tits

and i have shot one and try,d to load the mag a few times

same with the tx200 there cracking rifles but its the bear trap on them that gets on my tits lol

and as for the hw110k naaa not for me  i dont like the look of it at all

still say if they had done it in hw100 format and given it a walnut stock

they could of called it a super carbine then just may be it would of been some thing special

some thing real special

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
12 hours ago, lifelong cumbrian said:

I have a hw100KS which i find nose heavy and just heavy, i know it is light in comparison to most air rifles though. I wont part with it but wish i had got something lighter maybe something like a ultra se. I just use my guns for hunting rabbits pigeons etc. I rarely fire more than 20 shots most looks out so doesnt need a lot of shots in the tank. Accurate  and light is what im looking at. I might buy another one soon, would be for daytime hunting and could get a nv scope for the 100 and keep it for that. How do you rate the ultra. Thank you.

Some of the Falcons could suit your need but will have to be used now!

falcon.jpg.b7083d2295d3181d1cc25ac9ee44617b.jpg

Lightweight, remarkably accurate and much better shot count than you mentioned!

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
6 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

If im honest i do like the look of the hw110

its just the mag loading that gets on my tits

and i have shot one and try,d to load the mag a few times

same with the tx200 there cracking rifles but its the bear trap on them that gets on my tits lol

and as for the hw110k naaa not for me  i dont like the look of it at all

still say if they had done it in hw100 format and given it a walnut stock

they could of called it a super carbine then just may be it would of been some thing special

some thing real special

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Apart from getting used to the mag jimmy, the 110 series rifles have been really well accepted in the UK to the point that they outsell all 100 series rifles in 2018 which would suggest they are doing very well and that is the reason why they won't do a super carbine 100. For the life of me, I cannot understand what you and Sean hate so much about the look of the 110K rifles, they are just a shorter version.....................................I guess we all like different things so hey ho.

Phil

• Like 1
2 hours ago, lifelong cumbrian said:

I have been following the thread about that 110, bit of a mixed reception on here, will continue to follow it. What weight are those in comparison to the ultra se. Thank you.

The weight of the Ultra is 2.6k, 820mm plus mod..........................weight of 110k is 3.1, 900mm total length inc mod. 

The difference in views on here is a little academic as none of us have done ANY shooting with one and I have only zeroed it up plus a few shots so nothing at all really. You either like the look of it or dislike the look of it. I was looking at a horrible looking AK47 copy type thing being used on the range the other day, the weight was considerable and seriously long, felt like a bag of sh1te in the shoulder BUT the owner thought it was fantastic. 

Time will tell but I will bet this little gun sells like hot cakes in the months to come not because of it's looks but because of what it offers the shooter over and above other guns in that sector.

Phil

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, philpot said:

The weight of the Ultra is 2.6k, 820mm plus mod..........................weight of 110k is 3.1, 900mm total length inc mod. 

The difference in views on here is a little academic as none of us have done ANY shooting with one and I have only zeroed it up plus a few shots so nothing at all really. You either like the look of it or dislike the look of it. I was looking at a horrible looking AK47 copy type thing being used on the range the other day, the weight was considerable and seriously long, felt like a bag of sh1te in the shoulder BUT the owner thought it was fantastic. 

Time will tell but I will bet this little gun sells like hot cakes in the months to come not because of it's looks but because of what it offers the shooter over and above other guns in that sector.

Phil

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say.  There are some areas of life where looks/aesthetics should be irrelevant and shooting is certainly one.    Guns should be bought on performance not looks, but we are all guilty of letting aesthetics get in the way at times!

• Like 3