Buying the landowner an Xmas gift

Hi all.

At present I have 3 different shooting permissions for my Airguns and each year at Christmas time I buy each of the landowners a bottle of Whiskey, Gin, Vodka etc just as a thank you for letting me shoot on their land. However, a few months ago one of the landowners retired and has passed on the running of the business to his son. My question Is, do you guys think I should now buy just the new boss an Xmas gift or should I also buy the original landowner one too. 

Just thought I'd ask you guys your opinions,

Atb,

John ?

Edited by mjr88

I would buy both a drink. I generally buy my perm owners a Xmas hamper for around £20, the sort you see in garden centres, then I also put in a bottle of good white wine and a good red wine possibly a bottle of port depending on the perm, rarely all three bottles.

I stopped buying a bottle of shorts as it doesn't capture the Xmas spirit and must say they all seem to prefer the little hampers / canvas bags. Take your wife and stroll around a good / big garden centre and you will find some nice stuff.

Phil

• Like 3

Once upon a time I had 23 permission slips in my coat and nobody ever got a bottle, I could not afford to get them all drunk.. I only gave permision up and never lost a permission for being tight....

As a proud Yorkshire man I'm sticking to giving them feck all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I always give a bottle of whisky to each permission, i have 4 permissions.

A lot of lads don`t agree with giving a bottle etc, as they are providing a much needed service already,- each to their own i suppose.

atb  Mark.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, bob.243 said:

Both, no brainer.

Costs me about £200 a year, about 15 farms, park in the farmyard, full permission, no moither. Bottle of Scotch, Port or chocs etc

Works for me. Some people spend that on a night out, I get as much sport as I need for a year, probably don't need to give them all stuff but It's nice to be nice ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 3