Sparrowhawk at my hide

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been working and building my own feeding station and hide for past couple months and now i'm very happy to say all my hard work has paid off, Male Sparrowhawk came in today for 30 mins and what a stun

Another of the stunner at my hide...  

Male sparrowhawk looking down the lens at the noise of camera clicking in my hide.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Fcuking hell thats like seeing it for real? cracking that mate

Ha ha, thank you very much. I’m a little pleased with it myself...

Got some lovely video footage of him preening that I’ll post up tomorrow ?

Is it a songbird feeding station and he’s visited to hunt or is it a specific raptor feeding station? If so very interested in hearing how you went about it. I’ve always been interested in building a raised natural looking drinking hole to photograph birds visiting to drink

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Parabuteos lad said:

Is it a songbird feeding station and he’s visited to hunt or is it a specific raptor feeding station? If so very interested in hearing how you went about it. I’ve always been interested in building a raised natural looking drinking hole to photograph birds visiting to drink

Sent you a pm mate

• Like 1
On 28 October 2018 at 10:59, Parabuteos lad said:

A friend of mine has a raptor feeding station he,s a game dealer/BBQ bloke and he just throws all the off cuts on it, took him quite a few months before the proper birds came in but now he has regular raptors visiting it including a couple of Ravens early doors it was full of magpies crows and other scavengers, if your after raptors a drinking hole won't help as they get there fluids from the prey but song birds will flock to a water source especially in summer ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

A friend of mine has a raptor feeding station he,s a game dealer/BBQ bloke and he just throws all the off cuts on it, took him quite a few months before the proper birds came in but now he has regular raptors visiting it including a couple of Ravens early doors it was full of magpies crows and other scavengers, if your after raptors a drinking hole won't help as they get there fluids from the prey but song birds will flock to a water source especially in summer ?

they drink and bathe...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1