Mushrooms and fungi things

1 minute ago, Arry said:

Bottom one might be Glistening Ink caps The others I don't know. So much stuff has all come up at the same time after that rain we had I don't know half of them. I've had my books out looking on line at all sorts. Too many to learn them all, me and Borr was talking on this yesterday better to just learn the easy ones and what can be muddled up with them. Then maybe learn a new one every year.

Cheers Arry

We had something like 50mm of rain in 24 hours with that storm Wednesday night plenty of flooding and as you say everything has been popping up like mad, I’m decorating at the minute but I’m itching to get out and see what’s out there I find it fascinating all the different types it’s a good little hobby.

• Like 1

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple I picked for breakfast.   

Cheers Arry  

Cheers Arry

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Arry said:

Bottom one might be Glistening Ink caps.

Cheers Arry

I think your on the money there Arry I just looked on your wild food site there’s not a lot to mistake them with I do get the normal ink caps out the front garden so it wouldn’t surprise me cheers 👍

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

I’m decorating at the minute

Go and wash your mouth out with soapy water Lol. I hope wifey don't see that it will put ideas in her head. 

Cheers Arry

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

See these whilst having a walk the other day 

B573F73F-FF45-478E-A7FB-E5076FA6D27B.jpeg.4d930755c32724bf7ff74e0e810f650b.jpeg

Reckon Honey Fungus mate see what you think in the links it growing on an old root near a tree or old stump mate? Have a look at different pictures on that site they do vary a lot with age.

WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

This tasty and very common mushroom can give a small amount of people gastric upsets so should be tried in small amounts the first time it is eaten. It should always...

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Arry said:

Reckon Honey Fungus mate see what you think in the links it growing on an old root near a tree or old stump mate? Have a look at different pictures on that site they do vary a lot with age.

WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

This tasty and very common mushroom can give a small amount of people gastric upsets so should be tried in small amounts the first time it is eaten. It should always...

Cheers Arry

Yeh I reckon your right Arry second row of pics last one looks an exact image they was just growing off a hedgerow whilst I was stalking an elusive wild pheasant I knocked up a red legged partridge as well but time I swung my gun around it was half way across the field, still quite a lot of mushrooms out there damp mornings and a bit of rain does wonders.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Stockpot said:

The mushroom threads on here have got me noticing 'shrooms all over the place.

Shrooms.jpg.4ff3627f50efcdd0c49185dcca6dc70c.jpg

Shrooms2.jpg.782e1c52b3d5dbb6acaae4e3cf29f2fb.jpg

Shrooms3.jpg.b08422f173845743a5a3777ac41e1e29.jpg

Reckon top one golden wax cap mate don't know the other brown ones maybe Popular Field cap. Have a scan through 

WWW.WILDFOODUK.COM

Edible and poisonous wild mushroom identification guide. When to pick, what to look for. Photos, video, safety tips for each mushroom.

Your right loads in the woods today picked some nice Wood Blewits.

IMG_4518.JPG.2713a692f4cbb08d0294f7545d2177cb.JPG

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...