Jump to content
All-terrain

Mushrooms and fungi things

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Your the resident mushroom expert here Array ffs, if you don't know it?......

😁

Cheers, D.

Ha ha mate, not really, I do love it though. But i'm no expert, I know a few and trying to help and and encourage others as I know what its like when you start and stay safe. But I like this thread as its not just about the edible one but photos of them all.

Cheers Arry

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Arry said:

Ha ha mate, not really, I do love it though. But i'm no expert, I know a few and trying to help and and encourage others as I know what its like when you start and stay safe. But I like this thread as its not just about the edible one but photos of them all.

Cheers Arry

I’ve been learning bits for a while now Arry, so many different types isn’t there, me and couple mates are always keeping eye out for them, as you say it’s not just the edibles some the others are amazing to look at, thanks for sharing yours, atb At

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, All-terrain said:

I’ve been learning bits for a while now Arry, so many different types isn’t there, me and couple mates are always keeping eye out for them, as you say it’s not just the edibles some the others are amazing to look at, thanks for sharing yours, atb At

Whats nice IMO is when your out and about maybe looking for rabbits etc, its some thing else to look out for and a little bonus. There are thousands of them so I just stick to the 15 to 20 I know and what they can be muddled up with, just started with the easy ones. Interestingly most people come unstuck with Field Mushrooms and the Yellow Stainer, I think because they grow together and you could get complaisant. Even the none edible ones are interesting and worth a photo as you said.

Last year was good as we had a wet August and the fungi was early and a longer season, we had several week before we were on the rabbits. Another white frost this morning so it will be in the woods next time for Hedge Hogs and Winter Chanterelles. 

Cheers Arry

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Arry said:

Whats nice IMO is when your out and about maybe looking for rabbits etc, its some thing else to look out for and a little bonus. There are thousands of them so I just stick to the 15 to 20 I know and what they can be muddled up with, just started with the easy ones. Interestingly most people come unstuck with Field Mushrooms and the Yellow Stainer, I think because they grow together and you could get complaisant. Even the none edible ones are interesting and worth a photo as you said.

Last year was good as we had a wet August and the fungi was early and a longer season, we had several week before we were on the rabbits. Another white frost this morning so it will be in the woods next time for Hedge Hogs and Winter Chanterelles. 

Cheers Arry

Take some pics please Arry, look forward to seeing them, I’ve not picked anything yet I just like finding them take the odd pic, as you say when out and about, my mates ate some a few weeks ago I think puffball or something like that, Ill try some one day but hopefully with someone who knows what they’re doing, atb At

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a day in the woods to see whats about. Some scruffy slug eaten Ceps and Bay Boletes there to good to leave though. More about than I though there would be. We had a lot more than is on show Bri my mate took his home and I gave 2 Chinese take away containers of Hedge hogs and 1 of Chanterelles to my lad.

P1200528.jpg.8724dfaa42ef6abbfaed779d0bc77135.jpg

A couple of Bay boletes unfortunately the maggots got to them first, hard to find a good one.

P1200505.jpg.816b4978f370411876418d80fc6a9dbc.jpg

Hedge Hog mushrooms growing up through the brash under fir trees.

P1200515.jpg.b4d6275521dc1bb14711abdf08404278.jpg

Always nice to see Chanterelles growing up through the leaf litter like jewels.

P1200432.jpg.82d9184a6d3b4fa3c4d67861e667f69d.jpg

Panther Cap poisonous or Blusher edible I'm not taking the chance.

P1200524.jpg.0973ce8b0995e588956612fdba35e76c.jpg

Honey Fungus poisonous when raw, but is edible when cooked, but I don't bother with them myself, maybe one day.

P1200517.jpg.87a37914cc38c57850934f92767f543d.jpg

Deer love them.

P1200520.jpg.da35672f3994fa986ca1cc13eff624f1.jpg

Cheers Arry

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is crazy how many kinds of mushrooms there are. I like taking images of them with my dedicated macro lens. 100mm. Truly makes their detail stand out.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/12/2018 at 20:45, Bbkkcc said:

It is crazy how many kinds of mushrooms there are. I like taking images of them with my dedicated macro lens. 100mm. Truly makes their detail stand out.

Post the images mate please.

Cheers Arry

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2018 at 12:37, CHEVINFOX said:

BPW_8253.JPG.4b5a268a69a23595c355f5138d647b29.JPG

BPW_8256.JPG.f23129bd9239321bad4ad5c7b6fbf749.JPG

BPW_8257.JPG.8a0af1c323497bfec56795cfe2ec9f42.JPG

Nice pics, might be my eyes but can you turn the colour down in your pics from now on please..

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×