I finally took the plunge and forked out for an XQ38 thermal spotter. (Thanks to Ian at Blackwood Outdoors - terrific service. :thumbs: )

I haven't been shooting with it yet, but I took it out for a walk last night to test the different settings. It was only early but I managed to see a badger, a couple of rabbits, some voles and a hedgehog.  Oh and some cows and sheep. 

I had it set on rainbow a lot of the time so I could get the "predator" effect of multi-coloured images. It showed cows to be red and yellow even at 800 yards away. Fantastic bit of kit. 

What colour do you guys use as this colour seems to hurt your eye after a while, or do you just turn the brightness down? Hot black seemed the easiest on the eye, but I couldn't pretend I was the predator using that. :D

had a go with pav off here's xq spotter and scope... liked the scope on green or orange, 

used the spotter on white and I couldn't find the shot rabbits and it did my eye in, didn't realise till later I could of changed the colour and didn't want to fcuk his settings up

but I recon id of got on fine with it in the green or orange!

nice bit of kit Dave:thumbs:

I like the xq50 scope on black hot

i tried the white hot but it hurt my eyes

did not try any of the other colours

as i was to busy shooting rabbits lol

im going to have one one day

when i win the lotto lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Yellow on my simple but highly effective xq23v Walshie .In the woods the lowest settings going 5 or 6 on bright and contrast as overnight it gets a bit eye strain if too bright .The grey with heat  <red glow>is also effective atb and good hunting

Depends what I’m using it for, around buildings, in woods or ‘busy’ areas I use white, out on open ground black, that’s general rule of thumb, but I do change depending on conditions as they can show up better/worse in different conditions.

• Like 1