standard of perfection

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's different for every single one of us, what floats your boat may not float mine. Even the work style is objective,  some like them hard, some don't,  as long as you're happy with the dog you keep

I thought that you were looking for a rise when I 1st read this but you have explained yourself later on in the thread. Of course there can be no standard of perfection for any type of dog outside of

Taking pride in what you feed your dogs and keeping them in good condition is all part of it, it adds to the satisfaction when you get a good finished product at the end that does the job.  I thi

On 27/10/2018 at 17:29, dogmandont said:

You can’t really call a different work style stupid, it’s a bit like calling baying types cowards. And saying you won’t dig educated quarry with a baying type is wrong also as I’ve seen a dog of this type dug 28 times in its second season and only taking hold on break through. Both the good rough type and the good baying type or thin on the ground. 

One swallow doesn't make a summer DMD as I said the quarry around my way won't be dug with a Bayer and I've seen several Bayer.mixer types fail where a more full on terrier will win.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fat man said:

One swallow doesn't make a summer DMD as I said the quarry around my way won't be dug with a Bayer and I've seen several Bayer.mixer types fail where a more full on terrier will win.

Nothing you’ve said I can disagree with fatman. ?

• Like 1
On 01/11/2018 at 15:40, foxdropper said:

Shoot the feckers first time and that don't happen or are you all banned from keeping guns .

That's another option but in my mind you really don't know what your kenneling then as your dogs are not being tested. People can say what they like and it doesn't bother me who they are but if your digging Quarry and pts all the time then you dont know what you have. I have seen so called good seasoned terriers from over the water come away with their tail between their legs once entered on quarry that knows the score soon sorts the men from the boys so to speak.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, fat man said:

That's another option but in my mind you really don't know what your kenneling then as your dogs are not being tested. People can say what they like and it doesn't bother me who they are but if your digging Quarry and pts all the time then you dont know what you have. I have seen so called good seasoned terriers from over the water come away with their tail between their legs once entered on quarry that knows the score soon sorts the men from the boys so to speak.

Enough said fatman 

18 hours ago, fat man said:

Nothing to do with the men involved and everything to do with egos and the bollocks that goes with it.  Makes me smile when I think back at all the lads that have had the stupid smirk wiped off their faces when dogs have upped the game to deal with the stuff your on about .Dug all over Wales where the trick is rife so nothing to prove whatsoever .Says a bundle about a lad though trying to put another lad in an awkward position , something I've never done. Glad all that travelling shit is behind me to be honest and can now concentrate on the 2 foot places round me. What I have grown out of thankfully is the sadistic need to see a dog f****d when it's dug to .

• Like 2

I have never put any man in an awkward place and also would not ask any man to enter a terrier where I wouldn't enter one of my own.I have also seen that sort of shit done only for the smerk to be wiped from their mugs.what I meant was I've had lads here blowing smoke up their dogs arses saying their this that and the other only to be made look like fools in relatively easy places.foxdropper as you we'll know their is a big difference in green grass and grass that's been grazed.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Yes mate there is but its the fascination with it that  does not sit well with me .

No fascination with me I just like to know what I'm both breeding and feeding as the saying goes its as easy feed a good one as a bad one. I think that's why there's so much shit been bred dogs are not getting the work they should and still been bred from. At least if I breed a litter I know all behind them are doing what I want and doing it well and any pups I breed are kept among very close friends.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Patterdale types wernt about years ago ad say newish breed about 20 years old always been black fell terriers and slape coated fells but the bully types today are just hybrids of fell and staffs but some make handydogs I'm a recent convert after 40 years of fells borders n russells suit me fine pats do summit with bit of leg and not barrel chested same for al breeds working terriers but some monsters in USA 30pounds n shit not work up in north england those so don't no where came from