standard of perfection

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's different for every single one of us, what floats your boat may not float mine. Even the work style is objective,  some like them hard, some don't,  as long as you're happy with the dog you keep

I thought that you were looking for a rise when I 1st read this but you have explained yourself later on in the thread. Of course there can be no standard of perfection for any type of dog outside of

Taking pride in what you feed your dogs and keeping them in good condition is all part of it, it adds to the satisfaction when you get a good finished product at the end that does the job.  I thi

Thanks for all the reply guy's.  It seems everyone over in this side thinks different even the one's that don't even own a working dog. This lady was telling me if there's a certain amount of white in the dog or if the dog is a little leggy and so on that it doesn't meet the standard. I hate American's, or should I say American woman.  Lmao

8 hours ago, howdeeposxxt said:

B.S sorry you bay we move to much clay you get stuck in we win 

Have to agree.a Bayer would be of little use around my area maybe early season you might just might get the odd result but mid season all you be doing is digging up holes all over the place as quarry would not be dug with a Bayer and people can disagree if they like but anyone that has dug with me in my area will know what I'm saying is true.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, fat man said:

Have to agree.a Bayer would be of little use around my area maybe early season you might just might get the odd result but mid season all you be doing is digging up holes all over the place as quarry would not be dug with a Bayer and people can disagree if they like but anyone that has dug with me in my area will know what I'm saying is true.

I Agree fatman ?

6 hours ago, fat man said:

Spot on FM. It's the stigma that comes with a dog getting stuck in. That all these dogs are laid up for weeks on end ok some circumstances are unavoidable and I have seen stupid fool hardy dogs career last not long at al, but I know plenty digging men who hold dogs that are stuck in so to speak and nothing else will keep it's quarry pinned, definitely yapping won't. These dogs can be brought on for another dig that day or tomorrow or the weekend after. So the arguement a yapper is more use as it can be dug more often is dead in the water in our parts as they would be the ruination on good earth's.

Edited by howdeeposxxt
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, howdeeposxxt said:

Spot on FM. It's the stigma that comes with a dog getting stuck in. That all these dogs are laid up for weeks on end ok some circumstances are unavoidable and I have seen stupid fool hardy dogs career last not long at al, but I know plenty digging men who hold dogs that are stuck in so to speak and nothing else will keep it's quarry pinned, definitely yapping won't. These dogs can be brought on for another dig that day or tomorrow or the weekend after. So the arguement a yapper is more use as it can be dug more often is dead in the water in our parts as they would be the ruination on good earth's.

Rough dogs that can be dug regular are like hens teeth unless the lads don’t mind digging sore dogs.

4 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Rough dogs that can be dug regular are like hens teeth unless the lads don’t mind digging sore dogs.

Not a true statement.  Rough dogs are different type I'd class ruff dogs as the stupid type. 

Edited by howdeeposxxt
1 hour ago, howdeeposxxt said:

Not a true statement.  Rough dogs are different type I'd class ruff dogs as the stupid type. 

You can’t really call a different work style stupid, it’s a bit like calling baying types cowards. And saying you won’t dig educated quarry with a baying type is wrong also as I’ve seen a dog of this type dug 28 times in its second season and only taking hold on break through. Both the good rough type and the good baying type or thin on the ground. 

• Like 2

I know some of you boys are in Ireland so it's different,but the brit lads should remember the hunting act and who can be watching before commenting and we can and do only use bayer types when doing fox control....✌️

• Like 3
4 hours ago, dogmandont said:

You can’t really call a different work style stupid, it’s a bit like calling baying types cowards. And saying you won’t dig educated quarry with a baying type is wrong also as I’ve seen a dog of this type dug 28 times in its second season and only taking hold on break through. Both the good rough type and the good baying type or thin on the ground. 

It's all if and buts dogmandont. My idea of a ruff dog is a dog gettingthe job done but it's face ends up like scrambled egg each time that to me is stupid.

• Like 1

One that’s just hard and too full on, and one that just bays is of limited use, they need more for some jobs. A terrier that will take it’s time and pick it’s hold is very valuable even if it doesn’t bay.

• Like 3