Absolute pot luck on a trailcam

18 hours ago, ands said:

What was the cam that constantly took pics Greyman?

I have all different ones from Brownings down to the cheap Chinese ones but it happens on them all, it’s not that the cameras go off but often things that trigger them are moving to fast to be captured, or they are to small and not what you want so birds flying past will trigger but are usually gone by the time the pictures taking likewise moths bats or leaves, I also run my cameras on video which trigggers slower than stills though some of the newer Chinese ones do a photo followed by a video, it’s much easier to see your subject when it’s moving I think and if I,m ever lucky enough to get a good clear shot it will be easier to confirm if it’s moving ?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been setting up my trailcam at various locations, trying to monitor routines and numbers of foxes, rabbits, pheasants etc. , very much hoping for some good shots in the process. Today when revi

Just been out and swapped some SD cards over, this website does not allow video to be uploaded and all my cams are set on video so I have to play the video on an old laptop and take stills of the scre

Just going out to set up 10 ready for the winter, that's 8o new battery,s 10 new sd cards plus the ten cameras, gets a bit addictive 

Posted Images

I thought you mentioned a cam that instead of being motion triggered it took constant pics, say one every 5 seconds (on another thread?) Greyman. I may have got the wrong idea though.

12 minutes ago, ands said:

I thought you mentioned a cam that instead of being motion triggered it took constant pics, say one every 5 seconds (on another thread?) Greyman. I may have got the wrong idea though.

Plot watchers mate time lapse cameras, type it into YouTube pretty impressive field of view and good battery life ?

On 04/01/2019 at 23:12, S.Maclean said:

Well now I feel totally inadequate with pics like that going around.

It’s a growing obsession mate, I started with one camera in 2015 as a gift, taking pics of a fox in my garden, now I spend half my time running round swapping battery,s and SD cards and liaising with biologists, farmers and keepers, I,m looking for a big predator so finding routes used by its dinner is a good start ????

• 3 weeks later...