how to get in to ratting with terriers

hi lads im a newbie on here as a member and hoping someone on here could give me a bit of advice on how i go about getting in to ratting with terriers and which books are the best? I have been looking in to ordering some of D. Brains plummers books. Any advice and tips etc would be appreciated cheers ?

• Like 1

best   ratting movie i ever saw was  J D & the black & Tans 

You could try knocking on doors mate but what farmers going to admit to somebody they don't know they got loads of rats running about and let somebody they don't know loose on there property  with dogs 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The one said:

best   ratting movie i ever saw was  J D & the black & Tans 

You could try knocking on doors mate but what farmers going to admit to somebody they don't know they got loads of rats running about and let somebody they don't know loose on there property  with dogs 

very true i know a couple farmers i could ask but the answer would be no for sure for those reasons as i only know them from seeing around my village. cheers for the advice mate 

I have got a mate who owns a chicken farm so hoping he will let me have a go when i have sorted a couple good dogs? hoping my family members landlord will let me do the same on there chicken farm. any suggestions on best breed etc please mate? cheers

14 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Most types will rat, jus pick one the usual suspects as them you’ll have better chance of a pup put workers 

cheers mate i think theres a couple breeds i like the look of and seen working well in lots of videos ive watched on youtube! think i might stay away from the pedigree kc types not seen much in the ways of good reviews, but then i dont have a clue to say yeah or no to be honest! atb