Old shooting mags

We had a bit of a clear out of the attic and I have been advised by the boss to get rid of a BIG PILE of shooting mags from back in the eighties. It was one of those ..... oh put em up in the attic sort of things and I'll get round to looking through them to se if there are any  interesting articles ect..... sometime. Well time has gone by and nothing ever got done with them. I did have a quick look through the odd one and the prices.  Eighty to one thirty pound a thousand cartridges. 1.1/8 oz game £90 all shot sizes 1....9.1/2

• Like 1

I pass  my shooting mags on after ive read them  , but every so often go up into the loft  and take a couple of car loads to the dump or charity shops but feck knows how it gets up there nobody  puts anything up there  

33 minutes ago, The one said:

I pass  my shooting mags on after ive read them  , but every so often go up into the loft  and take a couple of car loads to the dump or charity shops but feck knows how it gets up there nobody  puts anything up there  

Thats about my story. like a lot of stuff like this, Probably someone somewhere  wants some of them to complete a collection . I did have a look on the bay and they are asking near 10 quid per copy but there is a big difference between asking and getting. It's a shame when you see so mañy copies headed for the shredder. 

26 minutes ago, Meece said:

Thats about my story. like a lot of stuff like this, Probably someone somewhere  wants some of them to complete a collection . I did have a look on the bay and they are asking near 10 quid per copy but there is a big difference between asking and getting. It's a shame when you see so mañy copies headed for the shredder. 

That's the mistake a lot of people make when valuing what they've got, thinking things are selling for the asking prices they've seen, but you never know til you try

39 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

That's the mistake a lot of people make when valuing what they've got, thinking things are selling for the asking prices they've seen, but you never know til you try

The boss says they've got to go! The recycling bins go on monday morning and the mags are going on holiday. It's a shame but there you go. I'm not that fussed because I'll never lòok at them and most of any mag is advertising. I'll  probably pull out a few just as a memory of how cheap stuff was but expensive in some areas for the time.

Edited by Meece