next doors shed in my garden

20 hours ago, Gav said:

Aye we're a bit more built for it up here, just stay in round the rayburn. You can see the double glazing flexing inside! 

Cor, I bet that you don't have a problem with draw on the old Rayburn with that wind. The mrs forgot to shut ours down and the thing sounded like a rocket. The internal black enamel pipe started to go chery red. I shut it all down but it was still HOT. Luckily I had a CO2 extinguisher which I used and that did throttle it back. Luckily no damage done and the pipe was ok. lesson learned but she is very wary of it now.

Ps. the bath water was like liquid molten steel that night.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Meece said:

Cor, I bet that you don't have a problem with draw on the old Rayburn with that wind. The mrs forgot to shut ours down and the thing sounded like a rocket. The internal black enamel pipe started to go chery red. I shut it all down but it was still HOT. Luckily I had a CO2 extinguisher which I used and that did throttle it back. Luckily no damage done and the pipe was ok. lesson learned but she is very wary of it now.

Ps. the bath water was like liquid molten steel that night.

Aye I've had a few close calls, a good sod of wet peat tends to calm it down. Trouble burning peat though is it tars ya chimney up something chronic, a sash weight wrapped in barbed wire dropped from the top four times a year brings a load out. Canny beat free fuel though and our water is always scolding.

IMG_20181024_210756.jpg

• Like 2

We've got the blue one. Our chimney pipe comes out of the top of that flue box and cranks over and up through the register plate. We were burning a mix of smokeless ovoids and seasoned oak logs. The tar that it produced was stupid. We could supply colas for the roads. After that incident and a couple of violent  smoke ignition explosions we stopped using the oak and the difference is incredible. Clean and efficient. If you chuck a few aluminium coke,beer cans on the fire it reduces the tar. It comes down the chimney like sand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1