New vid from the weekend

First outing for this year's kits, 3 in the bag and 1 escapee wasn't bad, but not as many as I'd have expected. 

Could the fields being mowed the previous day encourage the resident bunnies to drift next door to more undisturbed warrens? 

• Like 7

They are awesome, but unfortunately discontinued. 

They are deerhunter kamchatka (spelling) you might still find the odd pair with ebay sellers but I believe deerhunter discontinued them a year or two ago. I got them from sportsman discounted down from 120 ish quid to 50! I actually bought a second pair. 

They are stupidly warm, very waterproof, good sized pockets (you can fit 6-8 purse nets in each cargo pocket) and in 3 years of ferreting and shooting in them neither pair have ripped yet, they do seem extremely durable. 

I actually bought the matching jacket as well when I got the 2nd pair for 50 quid as well reduced from about 200 I think. Absolutely cracking gear that I cannot fault one bit. 

They have even got a fairly high leg zip to make welly / high boot access a doddle. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F122919003503

5 hours ago, Jax13 said:

They are awesome, but unfortunately discontinued. 

They are deerhunter kamchatka (spelling) you might still find the odd pair with ebay sellers but I believe deerhunter discontinued them a year or two ago. I got them from sportsman discounted down from 120 ish quid to 50! I actually bought a second pair. 

They are stupidly warm, very waterproof, good sized pockets (you can fit 6-8 purse nets in each cargo pocket) and in 3 years of ferreting and shooting in them neither pair have ripped yet, they do seem extremely durable. 

I actually bought the matching jacket as well when I got the 2nd pair for 50 quid as well reduced from about 200 I think. Absolutely cracking gear that I cannot fault one bit. 

They have even got a fairly high leg zip to make welly / high boot access a doddle. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F122919003503

Looks like they've only got big sizes left, your in luck tomo ?

Nice film that mate, well done. A thought on only bolting 4 the grass being cut could’ve have spooked a few but wouldn’t think it would make to much difference. What might have made a difference is were you just using the kits or did you have any experienced adults?? I know when I am entering kits they will miss rabbits for sure could be they left a few down there??? Unusual to get a vicar (black rabbit) unless the population is fairly high. Good luck with the kits showed plenty of promise. 

I had my 2 experienced Jill's in the box too (it was one of them that punctured my finger nail after getting stuck like a rookie in the stop net!) and ran them through (twice) after the kits had done their thing to make sure they weren't missing any. Between them showing little interest and the dog not marking back to any holes I'm pretty sure the warrens were clear. 

• Like 1
On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 14:56, Jax13 said:

Dam is rew's Grey, whippet, deerhound, collie called fly sire is romeo. 

If you search in the lurcher section for the romeo x fly thread it's got loads of stuff in there on the litter. 

fly was a good bitch in her youth....had some good scores with fly and my old bitch at the time Tara....

• Like 1