eBay woodburner

Brought this woodburner off eBay for my pallet house I built at the small holding 

it was £135 all in with 2 1m flue sections and 2 right angle bends 2 wall brackets and a rain cowl I also got an extra flue section and bend at £12 each

i thought I would take a chance but I tell you what it’s a bloody great piece of kit, really kicks out the heat it’s not the thickest of metal but no thinner than my frontier stove so should last a few years at least and it draws much better with the 5” flue

5A7D81DE-17C4-4081-AE68-C8E6F4B4CF25.jpeg

FCE445F7-33A3-45B6-85CB-2AA6E3F46E83.jpeg

• Like 11

Yeah I built it after my canvas bell tent got flattened by that heavy snow last winter 

and to be honest the tent was up at least 18 months and was starting to go mouldy even after being retreated so I’ve taken it down now for this winter so I’ll be camping in the pallet house or my old caravan for the winter

its great I’ve got an old canvas hammock that hangs just in front of the burner so I can just put an arm out and chuck a log or two in without having to get up ??

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

No it’s far from air tight, but I’ve screwed some half decent fence panels along the back, again taken off an old job, then used old tarps and batons on one side 

I have various bits and bobs of ply and tarps to get it sealed up a bit more for winter camping

7 minutes ago, talt said:

A coat of creosote and it's ready to rent out to a couple of families of Romanians.

Shed with bed advert in Romanian slough-style in the local Eastern European food shop window.

6 hours ago, trapperman said:

No it’s far from air tight, but I’ve screwed some half decent fence panels along the back, again taken off an old job, then used old tarps and batons on one side 

I have various bits and bobs of ply and tarps to get it sealed up a bit more for winter camping

Your losing some heat mate as you know, would it not be better to seal her up mate, more energy effecient.