Pure saluki x whippet

12 hours ago, Bearfoot said:

driven greyhound a salukixgrey is a far better and gamer animal than   any wize banger

If your saying a grey's gamer than a whippet you haven't seen a working whippet in action,or not a decent one.Never seen mine back down from anything including boars.I think there up there with the gamest sighthounds if not the gamest.

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My old mate yesterday with his 3/4 whippet 1/4 saluki been a good little dog for him daytime and lamping man 76 still out running his dog 

My best ever catch dog, was bred similarly...she was some hell of a jukel, ...she gave me far more honesty and loyalty,... than I ever gave her...    

Thick as Katchum.

Posted Images

They are all different it's usually the big agressive types that shy away I can only go with what I've seen fella  mine was a killing machine it's bother was a better hare dog but Dident  have the same desire that's why there called lurchers there never two the same it be great if they all had everything ?have a good season lads 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Bearfoot said:

The first thing in breeding you must ask yourself is the bitch worth breeding off does she tackle anything with no reverse if the answer is yes I'd go ahead if she doesn't then don't bother to the right driven greyhound a salukixgrey is a far better and gamer animal than   any wize banger being honest with yourself is the most important thing if your wanting a dog fr fluff any these no peds will do but most lads are wanting a little bit more these days iam   not saying these small dogs can't do it but a stronger dog just does it better I wouldn't breed of a fluff mutt but that's just me atb 

They're not all small,some are 70lb +...with more than enough drive ...

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

If your saying a grey's gamer than a whippet you haven't seen a working whippet in action,or not a decent one.Never seen mine back down from anything including boars.I think there up there with the gamest sighthounds if not the gamest.

Have seen non. Peds tackle all teeth some are pretty much up for ought when fired up.atb bill

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Westyorkshire_lad said:

Beautiful dog mate what height is he ? any info on parents mate ? And what he like on small and big land 

Captivating captian x ruby wednesday. About 27-28 tts.  Hes a big strong dog. Can run some but fast with it. I like him. Only really matured this last spring summer. I can just see he different now. He be 3 in November

1 hour ago, Bearfoot said:

Maybe the lad should tell us the style and grit of his pure bitch I ain't the one breeding ? take more than a ditch and 5 hares to impress me ?

My bitch is good enuff for me that’s what all that matters im gonna breed for my self I’m not breeding her to cash in or impress anyone this will be my first ever litter in my life and I’m already stressing about the hassle of rearing pups if it does happen . Iv spent fortunes on buying in pups and getting drawn into to the hype. I’m fortunate to be surrounded by good dog men as of recent who have ran some good dogs and all have somewhat suggested a whippet type dog , I have spoken to someone and hope fully will be going to a working whippet grey when she breaks and after these pups il be done with working dogs 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Who said:

Captivating captian x ruby wednesday. About 27-28 tts.  Hes a big strong dog. Can run some but fast with it. I like him. Only really matured this last spring summer. I can just see he different now. He be 3 in 

Edited by Black neck
1 hour ago, Westyorkshire_lad said:

My bitch is good enuff for me that’s what all that matters im gonna breed for my self I’m not breeding her to cash in or impress anyone this will be my first ever litter in my life and I’m already stressing about the hassle of rearing pups if it does happen . Iv spent fortunes on buying in pups and getting drawn into to the hype. I’m fortunate to be surrounded by good dog men as of recent who have ran some good dogs and all have somewhat suggested a whippet type dog , I have spoken to someone and hope fully will be going to a working whippet grey when she breaks and after these pups il be done with working dogs 

you’ll have some fun with them the litter my dog was out of were all more than capable of doing the job best of luck with them 

• Like 3