Pure saluki x whippet

4 hours ago, Westyorkshire_lad said:

Anyone run this cross and what’s your thoughts on it ? 

Seen a couple of ped whippet x saluki run and they was shit, Ive seen pure bred ped whippets run better on big land but Ive seen 4 of them none ped whippet x pure saluki that kipper and a few other lads were running a few years back and they were class, as soon as they put the first turn in they were hard to shake off, it was like watching a hare run a hare they did drive them abit too much for some lads but they could stick on, the first bitch that wilky had before he got it robbed after turning down £7000 was killing 5 ever time she went out in jan and I saw the younger bitch same lines do 5 on a morning out.

• Like 5

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My old mate yesterday with his 3/4 whippet 1/4 saluki been a good little dog for him daytime and lamping man 76 still out running his dog 

My best ever catch dog, was bred similarly...she was some hell of a jukel, ...she gave me far more honesty and loyalty,... than I ever gave her...    

Thick as Katchum.

Posted Images

The reason I asked I have a pure saluki bitch I been thinking of putting back to a coursing bred dog but these days I stay away from the big land with things being the way they are and most times I run my dogs on smaller land with hedges fences etc , iv been asking my self recently would I need a 5 mins in a tank kind of dog eg when I’m only running smaller land which you need a faster early pace kind of dog some one suggested a whippet over the saluki 

6 minutes ago, Westyorkshire_lad said:

The reason I asked I have a pure saluki bitch I been thinking of putting back to a coursing bred dog but these days I stay away from the big land with things being the way they are and most times I run my dogs on smaller land with hedges fences etc , iv been asking my self recently would I need a 5 mins in a tank kind of dog eg when I’m only running smaller land which you need a faster early pace kind of dog some one suggested a whippet over the saluki 

If it was me i'd put a whippet x greyhound over her for that land, atb.

• Like 5
41 minutes ago, Trev70 said:

Seen a couple of ped whippet x saluki run and they was shit, Ive seen pure bred ped whippets run better on big land but Ive seen 4 of them none ped whippet x pure saluki that kipper and a few other lads were running a few years back and they were class, as soon as they put the first turn in they were hard to shake off, it was like watching a hare run a hare they did drive them abit too much for some lads but they could stick on, the first bitch that wilky had before he got it robbed after turning down £7000 was killing 5 ever time she went out in jan and I saw the younger bitch same lines do 5 on a morning out.

Wasn’t the bitch kipper have a whippetxgrey to a saluki ? 

Watched a few from the same litter run in the fens a few years ago and to be honest they really impressed me. Two minutes of dynamite action and they put a good few away. When they got on to the right one tho they just couldent hack it. Fields and paddocks I think they would be just the ticket ?

7 hours ago, Westyorkshire_lad said:

Wasn’t the bitch kipper have a whippetxgrey to a saluki ? 

Yes mate that's why I said none ped whippet and said that's what i would put over your bitch. ive seen them kill on big and small.

Edited by Trev70
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Trev70 said:

Yes mate that's why I said none ped whippet and said that's what i would put over your bitch. ive seen them kill on big and small.

Seeing them kill is abit dofferent to killing well trev. Have you seen these whippet cross kilk gooduns all winter ?

ive seen couple whippets just ran on hares in the lamp nice to see them run but no good after two or 3

50 minutes ago, C.green said:

Seeing them kill is abit dofferent to killing well trev. Have you seen these whippet cross kilk gooduns all winter ?

ive seen couple whippets just ran on hares in the lamp nice to see them run but no good after two or 3

I was talking about the 4 none ped whippet x saluki bred dogs ive seen run when I said ive seen them kill on big and small and yes that's good'uns in the middle of winter but I can't say all winter because I didn't own them but the times I did go out with them they killed 3's, 4's and 5's and the one that got robed would of done more but the lad would put her away after 5.

Edited by Trev70
  • Like 1

Trevs right two decades ago lads had nothing else but non ped whips the larger scratch types xs saluki types pure or xes they killed  well on small and some larger land  don't underestimate them large bags of Conies can be had with them easy keep type animals .atb bill

• Like 2

There's wells now on the ground in staffs ped working whippet back to a line bred whippet sal grey old  d southerd lines they should be handy fa bags a conies and the small  land be tight runners thems be easy keep given time the clock tuns back us humans ,do tend think there's better on the other side the fence we invariably realise it usually ain't the case,whippets and there composites are the crime da la crime da small fast game both long ears and short.atb bill

• Like 1

I remember a chap having some years ago I never saw them run but some good dog men did and said they were decent, personally  though I would go for a beddy lurcher i have experience of beddy lurcher cross pure saluki and on hedgy snagy land you wont beet one, mine was unshakable, I crossed back to whippet and they were the same but turbo, did not hang on quite so well though to be fair.