Knifes

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pound shop.....pack of 5-6 craft knifes with razor sharp snap off blades....put one in every outdoor coat you have...and spares in your shed and car...feck spending silly money on knifes you could loo

I’ve got a small obsession with knives and at the moment I’ve got 67 ranging from a few quid to a few hundred ... I just can’t help myself .....

8 hours ago, Meece said:

Where did they generate the prices for these knives from? The telephone book or the lottery?  A tool has been made to do a job. If it isn't doing the job it was designed for then there isnt much point in having it. It's  like people that buy very expensive shotguns and then store them in a  bank vault. Some of these knives are pretty but all they are is a knife and how many have the needs of Ray Nears.?

If you watch the work that goes in to one of the good hand made knives you'll see why they cost so much. Too much for me to abuse or lose anyway so I'll stick to my opinels. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, TOMO said:

pound shop.....pack of 5-6 craft knifes with razor sharp snap off blades....put one in every outdoor coat you have...and spares in your shed and car...feck spending silly money on knifes you could loose

Don't bring one of those to woodentop country (and I believe that's most of UK these days). You'll come badly unstuck :D:D:D. I've seen it happen.

Opinel 12 is good and fits in the knife slot in the cargo pocket of German army flectarn pants. Cheap mora knives are ok too and you can tape a strong elastic neckstrap to the sheath and hang it inside your shirt. Either one is cheap enough to lose without worrying too much about it.?

I just use a folding Stanley knife, change the blade whenever it loses its edge means you always have a razor sharp blade for gutting etc and if you lose it not the end of the world. A expensive knife is nice but nothing stays sharp for ever and always the chance of losing it when out ferreting or lamping etc. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

https://emberleaf.com/epages/BT0203.mobile/en_GB/?ViewAction=View&ObjectID=791134&PageSize=5&Page=2 

Came across these knifes and yes they look amazing and watched a few videos on them and I wouldn't want to take the thing out the box let alone out hunting!! I use a buck myself nice little knife. 

What you guys think of these knifes or has anyone got one and what's the real difference in them emberleaf to another good knife at half it's price? 

Own a buck knife myself mate can’t fault it 

3 hours ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Don't bring one of those to woodentop country (and I believe that's most of UK these days). You'll come badly unstuck :D:D:D. I've seen it happen

no clue what your on about..

I use a leatherman the titanium one, carnt remember the name of it.

It's a multi tool with very sharp knives and there is something like a 20year guarantee with them so If you snap a blade you send it away and get a new one.

There a little expensive at £200 but I managed to buy mine brand new for £125 off Amazon. If you look about you can get a good deal on them.

If had mine about 3 year now and I realy rate it.

2 hours ago, Balaur said:

I've lost some good ones in the past, I tend to leave them with my Oldman these days he must have a bloody arsenal somewhere in the house . In years to come once I have a small disposable income I'm getting dog gps and a bowie knife and then I'm gonna sit watching YouTube videos of people hunting.

Why the need for tracking gear and a big knife to watch a video?

• Confused 1
21 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

https://emberleaf.com/epages/BT0203.mobile/en_GB/?ViewAction=View&ObjectID=791134&PageSize=5&Page=2 

Came across these knifes and yes they look amazing and watched a few videos on them and I wouldn't want to take the thing out the box let alone out hunting!! I use a buck myself nice little knife. 

What you guys think of these knifes or has anyone got one and what's the real difference in them emberleaf to another good knife at half it's price? 

If you want to know anything about knives an hunting site is not the place to visit,ask a tower hamlets immigrant and you will soon own the fastest and sharpest blade thats never seen the Alamo.

45 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Ah and a green river somewhere , victorian machete great steel , 

Best lost. A chunky Italian folder expensive

Another green river possibly

A brass and wood 'gamekeeper' amazing steel mother borrowed it for fecking gardening

Countless bucks and opinels

My first sheath knife of my dad

Loads gone.

Any pork swords 

Best knife I've come across for the money are "mora" green handle one with plastic sheath.........carbon or stainless, excellent grippy handle, good in the hand, keep a good edge and real sharp.

Bloody brilliant and so cheap.

Edited by Shortstraw
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Shortstraw said:

Best knife I've come across for the money are "mora" green handle one with plastic sheath.........carbon or stainless, excellent grippy handle, good in the hand, keep a good edge and real sharp.

Bloody brilliant and so cheap.

Clipper?

Got the green and the blue one, rust easily but great knives for the money.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1