Help required ! , I'm currently a member of a small syndicate and have just had a disagreement with the shot captain , last year he never informed me of the shooting dates and I mussed the first two days shooting , this year I text him for the dates and got no reply , I text him a week later only to get a response that went something like " if you  don't turn up to work days you won't find out " now there is nothing that says you must do work days all summer even though this year I could only manage 4 days to fill hoppers and repair pens etc. But when I asked whe doesn't let members know when the season starts he lost the rag and told me to f**k of and don't come back , basically that's me out of the syndicate , no more shooting , he's the shoot captain so he decides right ? , I'm well miffed and don't think this is right , any advice please 

Have you paid your subs. turn up on the day 

Was this rule explained when you joined  if not turn up on the day

Get in touch with the other syndicate members and take a poll on how many work days each have done.If some have worked the same or less turn up.

And when you do turn up don't  take your gun out until something is sorted if you are told to sling your hook then demand your money back and stir the excrement .

Much better to clear the air face to face with other interested parties close by.

I'm an unofficial assistant keeper and I can tell you that we have several guns who haven't attended a single work day, in the three years I've been involved.

Two or three attend fairly regularly but, for the most part, it's left to the keeper, me and a couple of enthusiastic beaters to do what needs doing.

Your best bet, as has been said, is to find out if other guns have contributed the same (or less !) than you have, and if so, there's your defence ! If still no joy, demand your money back.........

Mate, find a different shoot unless the rest of the guns are going to back you against the captain.  I wouldn’t want to be shooting with a tosser every other week with what’s gone on......

• Like 4

He took your money, he owes you an explanation. And your money back.

And,..can the shoot captain decide this on his own, or must it be brought up with the rest of the members? I’ve always understood (maybe wrongly) that the shoot captain is the guy in charge of organizing, and holds some authority, but not ultimate authority. 

It should have been explained to you if work and feed duties were compulsory or not . If during that explanation you told them that you wouldn’t be able to do much and they still took your money they owe you it back .Even  If you said you could do some work but didn’t, they should here your excuses and here you out . Maybe the rest of the syndicate and the shoot Captain think you aren’t the kind of guy they want to shoot with and they don’t like you . Whatever the reason, if you don’t get to shoot and you have paid your subs you should be refunded . 

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, The one said:

too much like hard work the keepers now give you them free to get rid of them LOL 

That’s true I love sneeking on places to get couple of birds for the pot trying to dodge keepers but now when they catch you they make you take all the birds from shoot day as a form of punishment ??