Jimmy and Sean didn't like it........................I do.

I have stayed quiet so far Mitch as I simply have not had the opportunity to use it as we have been clay shooting quite a bit because Trish, my wife, has got a couple of new (but old) clay guns which I am in the process of sorting stock configuration etc ready for her to use on holiday next week.

I am waffling. I have just come back from a ratting session, in fact the worst ratting session as I saw one rat and missed it due to trigger pressure being lighter than the Impact, must sort that and match it as close as poss to the Impact. The first range test with JSB RS worked out well but I want to get a tin of pellets through the gun before I draw any hard and fast conclusions.

I love this gun, it is a pleasure to use and I have got the mag changes pretty well sorted, tonight was the first time in the dark and yes, a bit of a faff but I think after a couple of sessions, I will have no issues at all. I will be using it a fair bit on holiday as there is an FT course in the woods next to the clay shoot so we should get a much better impression after next weeks holiday.

From what I have already seen, I cannot imagine it is going to be anything but spot on. My shooting buddy is going to give his son his HW110 and buy the K version for himself. 

Phil

• Like 1

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There you go matey.   The little Atlas bipod copy is not fantastic but it is good for £15   Phil   

Still early days but so far I am really liking it. I can confirm that it is accurate but there again I would have been seriously surprised had it not been after all it is a Weihrauch. My wife, Tr

If it anything like my old HW110 which I sold last night ,it will be a dream to shoot , very quiet , light weight , nice stock  good shot count , very accurate and will give the BSA ultra run for its

Posted Images

17 hours ago, philpot said:

I have stayed quiet so far Mitch as I simply have not had the opportunity to use it as we have been clay shooting quite a bit because Trish, my wife, has got a couple of new (but old) clay guns which I am in the process of sorting stock configuration etc ready for her to use on holiday next week.

I am waffling. I have just come back from a ratting session, in fact the worst ratting session as I saw one rat and missed it due to trigger pressure being lighter than the Impact, must sort that and match it as close as poss to the Impact. The first range test with JSB RS worked out well but I want to get a tin of pellets through the gun before I draw any hard and fast conclusions.

I love this gun, it is a pleasure to use and I have got the mag changes pretty well sorted, tonight was the first time in the dark and yes, a bit of a faff but I think after a couple of sessions, I will have no issues at all. I will be using it a fair bit on holiday as there is an FT course in the woods next to the clay shoot so we should get a much better impression after next weeks holiday.

From what I have already seen, I cannot imagine it is going to be anything but spot on. My shooting buddy is going to give his son his HW110 and buy the K version for himself. 

Phil

Any chance of a picture of your hw110k set up Phil? ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, philpot said:

There you go matey.

DSCF3518_zpspvpwzduq.jpg

DSCF3517_zpsgmn0vwju.jpg

The little Atlas bipod copy is not fantastic but it is good for £15

Phil 

And people call smk ! Phil that must have (made in China ) stamped on it somewhere lol

• Haha 2
20 hours ago, Phill-W68 said:

This is what I was going to get if I sold my r10, sadly no one wants it ?, nice compact little gun ? 

What calibre would you go for phill? I’m guessing that you aren’t getting on too well with the .25 maybe? I’ve had a couple of .25 springers, still got one, but only used them at close range. My supersport only really worked with rhino’s, everything else was too tight in the bore. The striker that I have now isn’t fussy though. Interested to know what they’re like in pcp at 12ft lbs though.

1 hour ago, Rimfireboy! said:

What calibre would you go for phill? I’m guessing that you aren’t getting on too well with the .25 maybe? I’ve had a couple of .25 springers, still got one, but only used them at close range. My supersport only really worked with rhino’s, everything else was too tight in the bore. The striker that I have now isn’t fussy though. Interested to know what they’re like in pcp at 12ft lbs though.

Probably 22 as I already have the hw100 in 177, just can't get on with the loopy trajectory of the .25, I've had bunnies out to 40yds with it tho, Ive just put the mtc viper pro 5-30x50 on top of the .25 now as Ive got the photon rt on the hw100, so gonna see how the 25 performs with the viper pro as I can use the turret adjustment for every shot rather than using holdover/under..... And if I dont get on with it then I,ll try and part ex it at the RFD..... 

• Like 1

Still early days but so far I am really liking it. I can confirm that it is accurate but there again I would have been seriously surprised had it not been after all it is a Weihrauch.

My wife, Trish, was keen to try to shoot with the Nitesite fitted because she fancies having a crack at the rats, she doesn't know yet that there is mud and cow shite all over the place.........................anyway,  I picked up a selection of used 12, 20 & 28 gauge cartridges and laid them on their sides at 25mts. I popped the table to the edge of the veranda of lodge we are staying in and with the bi -pod on let her blast away.

She hit every one sending them off in all directions. After picking them up, I was impressed to find pellets embedded in the cartridge primer. For someone who never shoots a rifle, the girl done good. She is very much at home with shotguns on the clay shoot but not with rifles. Trish took to this little rifle very well in my opinion.

Phil

Phil

• Like 4