Jimmy and Sean didn't like it........................I do.

I was round at my local RFD buying a couple of O/U shotguns for my wife (long story ) and Andy who works in the shop shouted across to me   ' those little guns are in Phil, they are on the wall rack '.  Trish (my wife) was busy chatting to one of our clay shooting friends so I left her talking and went to scan the air rifle wall rack ...................................there they were, two HW110K rifles, fresh in that yesterday. One in .177 and one in .22. The .177 had already been sold within one hour of being put out on the rack.

I walked over to Trish carrying the little rifle, she just smiled and said that was the little beauty we looked at when we were at the recent shooting show, I nodded. Trish is not interested in air rifles preferring her shotguns but this little rifle has Trish saying it is stunning.............Hmmmm, what to do.

After sorting her shotguns out, I did a deal on my Anschutz 1417 .22 rimmy / Hawke Endurance 5-15x50 scope. My rimmy is super accurate but for some reason, I don't seem to gell with it so instead of it being sat in the cabinet, it is going in part ex for the HW. I would prefer to sell the rimmy and the scope but perhaps more hassle than it is worth, not the scope, that is easy enough but the rifle is a pain to sell on................................ANYWAY, I will be going to do the swap over on Wednesday and return with an HW110K rifle and really looking forward to it. Photo's will follow when the rifle is here with me next week.

The title, ah yes, I forgot. At the recent South Yorkshire Sooting Show, Jimmy and Sean said they didn't like the baby HW, can't remember what Si said BUT even though I respect their opinion and love em as mates....................................................you are wrong boys, this is a belting little gun that has fantastic balance and unlike the ultra which is also a lovely little gun, a far better shot count and when I clamp on my spare MTC Mamba Lite scope, I believe it will be a great little gun, that is if Trish lets me have a play with it as she seems very keen to get out with gun while we are in Suffolk in a couple of weeks.

Sorry Mark, the Mamba Lite is not for sale mate but a Hawke Endurance could be if you are quick.

Phil 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There you go matey.   The little Atlas bipod copy is not fantastic but it is good for £15   Phil   

Still early days but so far I am really liking it. I can confirm that it is accurate but there again I would have been seriously surprised had it not been after all it is a Weihrauch. My wife, Tr

If it anything like my old HW110 which I sold last night ,it will be a dream to shoot , very quiet , light weight , nice stock  good shot count , very accurate and will give the BSA ultra run for its

Posted Images

Phil, what on earth have you done, after reading this you have gone right down in my estimation,  have you had a stroke or a major bang on your head ! 

You need to sit down & rethink this error of judgement back through,  have a stiff drink & come to your senses, what's going on with the hunting life members,  lol

Si also thought it was sh1te lol

• Haha 3
26 minutes ago, philpot said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo its lovely Sean. I need a sub 12 for a couple of perms and this is just perfik.

Phil

Well I look forward to honest review once you've used it 

Sean

• Like 2

If it anything like my old HW110 which I sold last night ,it will be a dream to shoot , very quiet , light weight , nice stock  good shot count , very accurate and will give the BSA ultra run for its money and you know how much I like my ultra , plus a regged  gun ,You cant go wrong mate . Most who slag it of has either not owned one or may be shot one for a very , very short time .

Just look at Jimmy he hated the HW100 !!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, villaman said:

If it anything like my old HW110 which I sold last night ,it will be a dream to shoot , very quiet , light weight , nice stock  good shot count , very accurate and will give the BSA ultra run for its money and you know how much I like my ultra , plus a regged  gun ,You cant go wrong mate . Most who slag it of has either not owned one or may be shot one for a very , very short time .

Just look at Jimmy he hated the HW100 !!

Still do thats why i dont own one any more:whistling:

I think you both have had a knock on the head

you Mitch just before you bought that god awful hw110 with the nightmare loading mag (and yes iv shot one)

and you Phil for buying that bloody hw110 carbine

I think Trish needs to give you a slap to bring you round and to your seances

its a awful  rifle what the feck was they thinking of by making that

Now why did they not just do it in the hw100 format with a nice walnut stock and called it a hw100 super carbine

now that may be some thing else

and as for giving the ultra a run for its money Mitch

NOT A HOPE IN HELL

the ultra is tried and tested and sits rightly so up there with the best 

and then some

and i dont even like the ultra lol

but i like it a hell of a lot better than that toy rifle they call hw110 carbine

bbaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:bad:

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Haha 2

Boys boys boys................................................all that matters is that I like this rifle and I am hoping it will fit the bill for the tasks I have in mind for it. A lot of people slagged off the 110 when it was first launched but I learned recently that it now out sells the 100 series models and as I know of a few people including my shooting partner has and really likes them so why will this be any different. I totally take on board it may not be a looker but that said, neither is a 100. All I know is that this little rifle has great appeal to me and feels bloody good in the shoulder.

I will tell the story, good or bad when I have it in my hands and testing on the rats which is where it is going to be used on a couple of new perms where the shooting is in smaller buildings so we will see.

I do recall a few people on here saying I was nuts when I was the first to get the Impact and how it has no place in England .............................................. I see the number of owners has grown somewhat. Hmmmmm.

16 hours ago, villaman said:

Just shows you haven't got a clue Jimmy :yes::laugh::thumbs:

Is that right Mitch

is that why you sold yours and not the ultra

i mean after all there ace are they not

better shot count than the ultra

better cocking bolt than the ultra

nicer looking rifle than the ultra

so you sold what rifle Mitch

the hw110 ?:tongue2:

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs:

Oh dear...................................................perhaps I should just have kept it to myself.......................................................I know, I am not buying one of those awful little rifles, not ever.

That should do the trick.

Phil

59 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Is that right Mitch

is that why you sold yours and not the ultra

i mean after all there ace are they not

better shot count than the ultra

better cocking bolt than the ultra

nicer looking rifle than the ultra

so you sold what rifle Mitch

the hw110 ?:tongue2:

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs:

I have both up for sale and HW110 went first :laugh:

57 minutes ago, philpot said:

Oh dear...................................................perhaps I should just have kept it to myself.......................................................I know, I am not buying one of those awful little rifles, not ever.

That should do the trick.

Phil

Buy the 110k Phil  might buy one my self after selling two guns and now down to 11 guns only