what to do

As you know iv put an fx impact away

and im paying it off bit by bit

now im staying sub 12 as my son has fecked it up for me getting my fac and sgc

now iv been thinking at £1600 for the impact is it going to be any better than say a hw100ks in sub 12

and the hw100ks new is around £800 

should i just stick with a new hw100 at half the price of an impact

and i could have it by Xmas

where the impact will take a hell of a lot longer to pay off

My head is in bits had all my plans fecked up in one night

and my son is to blame for it all

iv now got a marker on my house and it will be in place for a few years so all my hopes and plans are gone

and iv been advised by the police to get a good gun cabinet for my rifles so there locked away

even throw there air rifles

both times he has kicked off iv been told to remove my rifles from the house

to a place of safe keeping .

so i sold them all .

so impact or hw100

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

It is a really difficult one Jimmy as you know I am a huge FX Fan having owned four and of course love my Impact, way better than any other rifle I have owned BUT this is something only you can answer. I really do feel for you mate as the plans are fcuked for a while buttttttt, if you can get the Impact, it is only a matter of £100 approx to convert it to FAC as my pal has just done so then when that day comes that you can go FAC, you will not be buying a rifle costing over two grand (as the price will have shot up further due to brexit or something else) and instead only splashing a small sum to get your ultimate goal.

I am really sorry you are in this position Jimmy but you have both time to decide and the use of your close friend's rifle until you are sorted. Don't try to work it out yet Jimmy as it is still too close to the recent problems so will take time for you to fully get your head around the issue and then make a decision. You could of course just pick up a cheaper s/h rifle for the short term and sell or part ex when the Impact is paid for.

Good luck with your thoughts and decision my friend.

Phil

Oh by the way xraiderx, the Impact are not plastic mate, you should take a closer look.

• Like 1

The HW 100`s, in any format Jimmy, you`ve heard it over and over again from the lads :good:.

With your night shooting Jimmy and dislike of the thumb hole stocks, i would lean towards a .177 KS or full length .

Taking nothing away from the Impact but at sub 12 level all you hear is HW 100 at FAC level you hear Impact .

Best i can say is after nearly 8 yrs of faultless, HW 100 hunting, for me- " Nothing beats it" at sub 12 level and a hell of a lot less expense.:yes:

Good luck mate with your decision.

Mark.

• Like 2

Can't imagine what your your feeling mate, but £1600-£1700 for a sub 12 is a lot of pennies, OK it's looks great excellent shot capacity in all calibres and accurate, but hw100 half the price you know the build quality, reliability and accuracy of the hw100-110,in my eyes I would go for the hw, shot count is low compared to the impact,have you shot a sub 12 impact... 

Shooting a sub 12 is a valid point Phill, I have and that was when I just KNEW it was the gun for me buy it would be worth travelling to try one out Jimmy because we are all different. If and when my RFD gets another s/h sub12 Impact in mate, I will give you a shout so you could come and try it out if you want.

Phil

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, philpot said:

It is a really difficult one Jimmy as you know I am a huge FX Fan having owned four and of course love my Impact, way better than any other rifle I have owned BUT this is something only you can answer. I really do feel for you mate as the plans are fcuked for a while buttttttt, if you can get the Impact, it is only a matter of £100 approx to convert it to FAC as my pal has just done so then when that day comes that you can go FAC, you will not be buying a rifle costing over two grand (as the price will have shot up further due to brexit or something else) and instead only splashing a small sum to get your ultimate goal.

I am really sorry you are in this position Jimmy but you have both time to decide and the use of your close friend's rifle until you are sorted. Don't try to work it out yet Jimmy as it is still too close to the recent problems so will take time for you to fully get your head around the issue and then make a decision. You could of course just pick up a cheaper s/h rifle for the short term and sell or part ex when the Impact is paid for.

Good luck with your thoughts and decision my friend.

Phil

Oh by the way xraiderx, the Impact are not plastic mate, you should take a closer look.

Sorry to go off topic guys, but just a quickie... Phil could you get a 177 sub 12 fx impact converted to FAC in 25cal?... 

I would think long term,  not short term , you wanted a impact so get it, sub 12 or later on convert it to fac, there is a mint fx streamline here for you to use until you've bought your new rifle, or your more than welcome to use my impact,  as the streamline is going be a keeper, so stop dwelling in self pity & get a grip, live for now mate, you know me ! Say it as it is lol

• Like 3

As Sean says, yes quite easy really. The barrel set is approx £350 complete with one mag and it takes only a minute or two to change barrel set. If you kept the .177 in fac, it would be rated at approx 16-18fpe and the .25 is approx 47fpe. Just for your info, if you dial the power setting down to minimum, it will drop from 47 down to approx 25fpe which makes the .25 cal very very flexible and extremely entertaining. 

Phil

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philpot said:

As Sean says, yes quite easy really. The barrel set is approx £350 complete with one mag and it takes only a minute or two to change barrel set. If you kept the .177 in fac, it would be rated at approx 16-18fpe and the .25 is approx 47fpe. Just for your info, if you dial the power setting down to minimum, it will drop from 47 down to approx 25fpe which makes the .25 cal very very flexible and extremely entertaining. 

Phil

Thankyou for that Phil, I was just curious... ? 

Owning both and both are great in there own right , I absolutely love my impact but that is fac .25  but IMHO HW100k .22 or .177  sub 12 would be the way I would go .

All depends on or, if you go FAC and if you are talking two years or more ,then a new FX impact will be out and even better ,that is the way FX do things .

Go for HW100k  for me its a no brainer :thumbs:

A lot to think about lads but viz phoned me to day and say,d much the same as Philpot

If i do want to try in a few months or years ill all ready have the impact

and its just the case of changing it over to fac

and no iv not shot a sub 12 yet only a fac impact at 48fb and it blew me away

or i could just wait until my mate gets his fac as he is getting a beautiful FX WILD CAT ,25

and i could just use that as long as im with him lol

and seeing as im with him most of my shooting trips that would not be a hard thing to do lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bigmac 97kt said:

A lot to think about lads but viz phoned me to day and say,d much the same as Philpot

If i do want to try in a few months or years ill all ready have the impact

and its just the case of changing it over to fac

and no iv not shot a sub 12 yet only a fac impact at 48fb and it blew me away

or i could just wait until my mate gets his fac as he is getting a beautiful FX WILD CAT ,25

and i could just use that as long as im with him lol

and seeing as im with him most of my shooting trips that would not be a hard thing to do lol

No doubt you will make the right choice mate whichever you go, just enjoy ?... 

But when you get that sub12 fx impact let me know how it shoots ☺ hehe

Edited by Phill-W68