Watching the news tonight

As title says the main news was about sexual grooming gangs around west yorks, now SHOCK horror what ethnic group were the culprits, 3 guesses . Even the police tried to play it down that at that time ethnic confrontation was trying to be avoided why? Because in my view this and previous political parties were afraid of the reaction  of the native people of this country, and therefore decided to hide the true facts from them, If you view the pictures of the guilty parties you will realise why they resolved to rape of underage girls, they really are one bunch of ugly B stards . Problem is or was why can the british public not speak out against these crimes, fear of race discrimination, seems like you cannot call a spade a spade.

• Like 1

same when the MET brought out the stop and search policy, screams of racism, wrong, it was more due to certain ethnic group being more sodding responsible for the type of crime they were trying to reduce, b*****ds use race as a get out of jail card (or escape proper investigation) too often

16 hours ago, neil82 said:

same when the MET brought out the stop and search policy, screams of racism, wrong, it was more due to certain ethnic group being more sodding responsible for the type of crime they were trying to reduce, b*****ds use race as a get out of jail card (or escape proper investigation) too often

I never understood why that was ever an issue !

If the police decide on a policy of stop and search, due to high knife crime in an area with a high non-white population, it stands to reason that most of the people stopped and searched are going to be non-whites ! It's not racism, it's simple maths !

• Like 3

Slightly off topic , but  do we look back with rose tinted glasses ? 

I’ve iust asked my wife, she’s 38 and she said from 15 onwards she’s been occasionally wolf whistled , shouted at and had her arse grabbed a few times , not maliciously ,when out clubbing when younger etc 

in comparison , this article was on the bbc news this morning 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-45942447

Who’d be a young girl this day and age ? 

I’m sure that somwhwere there is a definable link between the influx of foreigners and the rise of this issue . 

We are both from carlisle , we lived in a city centre estate , walkable Home on a night out , which she often did , but more often taxi d. 

When we moved to Ipswich we initially lived in a comparable area.. 

except the idea of her walking home was pie in the sky 

You can guess the difference between the two areas 

more money being splashed skirting around the issue rather than just saying the truth 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Isn't that how nostalgia works, mate? :hmm:

Is the problem any worse or is it just more 'newsworthy' now that society is attempting to shift it's attitude? I'm not attempting to trivialise the issue in any shape or form but it seems that the constant bombardment from the 24/7/365 news culture is either highlighting what was already a problem or making it seem like it's happening on every street in every town in the nation. If you look at the attitudes over the previous generations cat calling and groping have gone from casual banter to sexual assault.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’ve iust asked my wife, she’s 38 and she said from 15 onwards she’s been occasionally wolf whistled , shouted at and had her arse grabbed a few times , not maliciously ,when out clubbing when younger etc 

in comparison , this article was on the bbc news this morning 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-45942447

Who’d be a young girl this day and age ? 

I’m sure that somwhwere there is a definable link between the influx of foreigners and the rise of this issue . 

We are both from carlisle , we lived in a city centre estate , walkable Home on a night out , which she often did , but more often taxi d. 

When we moved to Ipswich we initially lived in a comparable area.. 

except the idea of her walking home was pie in the sky 

You can guess the difference between the two areas 

more money being splashed skirting around the issue rather than just saying the truth 

Yeah I worry about the world my daughters Growing up into when she’s a teen  in 6 years .

• Like 1