gallery rifle scope

so it turns out i can not shoot without a scope so i had to go back to the shop to get a rail and new mounts to fit an old niko stirling platinum 1.5-6x36 "nightforce" i think scope.results were good for a new gun.shot a 97 ex 100 standing at 20y then moved out to 50y and shot a 10 shot group rested of a bench

henry 003.JPG

henry 002.JPG

• Like 1

Great guns, several of my club members have this type of underlever, various makes.     One actually has an Original Winchester 1892 44-40 with hexagon barrel, it is as sweet as they come to shoot.

Anyway, NONE of them has a scope so not much I can say, except my eyes have got to the stage of needing a scope as well.

4 hours ago, Deker said:

Great guns, several of my club members have this type of leveraction, various makes.     One actually has an Original Winchester 1892 44-40 with octagon barrel, it is as sweet as they come to shoot.

Anyway, NONE of them has a scope so not much I can say, except my eyes have got to the stage of needing a scope as well.

Fixed that for you.

• Haha 1

well on the advise from the gun shop my new vortex crossfire scout 2-7x32 turned up today but it could not be used on my rifle.it is more like a pistol scope and needed to be fitted on the end of barrel to get the eye relief right.so a vortex strike eagle 1-6x24 was mounted instead .will zero the little magnum tomorrow, could not get over the picture from that little lens as it is only 24mm

i know it is a well underestimated calibre.i have a lot of respect for it and have shown to other people just how powerfull this is.actually was asked up the club yesterday what is the biggest animal that can be leagally taken with it.had to think about it but i think it is fox which if true does make you wonder why the yanks can shoot wild boar,black bear and other much larger animals with it

3 hours ago, .357shooter said:

i know it is a well underestimated calibre.i have a lot of respect for it and have shown to other people just how powerfull this is.actually was asked up the club yesterday what is the biggest animal that can be leagally taken with it.had to think about it but i think it is fox which if true does make you wonder why the yanks can shoot wild boar,black bear and other much larger animals with it

Our laws are crazy.

It's capable for all our deer but 'experts' got in the way!

It is close to 30wcf which is deer legal! The deer would not tell the difference.

Oh and I have shot large red deer stags with a 30wcf.