HW100 Won't index, no progress

I have a .177 carbine HW100, had it maybe 10 years, from new it would index only 'sometimes' between shots, and my fault I didn't take it back to the retailer cos I am a 'MUPPET' and anyway apart from that it was (and is) the best airgun I have ever touched.

Anyway I recently took it down to Helston Gunsmiths, with the above 'problem' and Rommel (dear of him) took it on, and £45 later returned it to me working, I took it home put a 14 round mag in cycled it and for 8 to 10 shots it functioned flawlessly, then oh dear didn't work, so I took it back and Rommel apologetically tried again, took it back and oh 'very' dear, not working.

So any suggestions? If Rommel can't fix it who can? (I am and still do rate Rommel as one of the best gunsmiths out there, Rommel if your reading this, sorry it's not your fault just some weird German £800 airgun that won't behave).

AF

The only time mines not cycled properly was down to really fine grit in the grease, I stripped it down fully de-greased the mec re-greased it and scrubbed the back of the mags and it’s worked fine since!

this grit got into it from me laying on the gunslip then sticking it back in the bag!

dont know if this will help but it might..

hope you get it sorted

10 hours ago, vizlauk said:

Another thing to try first is a squirt of oil on the magazine locking switch & make sure it is opperating smoothly 

had this with mine a few times if the locking switch is not pushed into place properly

it wont let the mag index

and a little oil sorted mine

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: