Collie Greyhound

The collie /greyhound, my Opinion, The best all-round pot fillers, put meat on the table, I was lucky as a 14yearold boy to get a pup from two top working dogs,  The bitch was a working proper Hill working collie, and a champion coursing greyhound, that won the coveted Waterloo cup, the best competition, of coursing greyhounds, The Champion of champions,  held at Altcar,  Back in those days, there was NO passengers kept in any yard they all had to be able to do there job, the cull was heavy,  only the strong would survive,    take a moment and look at the Collie Stud, on page 7 there is a photo of  Cotton King,  a superb animal He was the sire of my first Lurcher pup,  Cotton King was bred here, in a small town called Annan in Scotland, By Mr, Hardie Wright, and he was the trainer as well, He won the Waterloo cup two times, My pup was never inoculated and was never at the vets, Fast forward to days dogs, they are never away from the Bone setter, now that could be they were running on very hard ground or running on mud going in about 3to 4inches of soot,what ever, when I run my dogs I try to run them on decent ground were is possible, Moorland is not the best of ground for a fast dog, that is why they bred the Scottish deerhound, strong boned rough coated, to protect from the biting winds, Alas that type of working hound is no longer available,  again I had a two or three 3/4 grey/1/4 deerhound which were decent dogs, but I preferred a good collie x with pace and heart to take his quarry, any how that is my Opinion, every one to his choice, But go on to Jigsaw,,  Collie stud, and you will see a proper greyhound dog, on page 7, 

• Like 10

Good write up BL the only dog ive owned that rarely had a sick day off was a 1/2 cross beardy/grey in the 80s. Come into to his own on fell land broken moorland very good hunt up dog.Caught more than his fair share and plenty of hunted up hares not slipped on one.No excuses that was not his game.

• Like 1