Anyone else got a dog that moults continuously my staffies terrible , dispite trying different diets ect , she still moults continuously 

just wonderd if anyones dog is the same or have any ideas how to solve it 

yes steve this bull terrier cross here sheds white hairs 365 days a year... only thing i do is hoover every day and it helps keeping the dog in the kitchen with me in the day while i tat about doing my craft stuff .. she does spend a lot of the morning on the back which helps with less to clean up

• Like 1
23 hours ago, steve66 said:

As it happens kay she is white aswell  , think ill get a black one next time ?

Were pretty much the same , she lives in the kitchen/outhouse but they still get everywhere 

surprised shes not bald ?

This dog has developed a stressy personality , its been quite full on in the last 4 or 5 weeks... she is 18 month old & I am hoping its a teenage thing & she will settle again... she is no fan of other dogs either so my dog walks a wee bit of a challenge at the min I have had a staffy cross before & she was a strange but loveable wee thing but this bull cross is on another level .. anyway back to moulting ...I was looking into ways of lessening stress in dogs & one of the symptoms is excessive shedding of hairs 

Kay have you tried those valerian root pills?

We had a dog that could be be a bit of a cnut with others, years ago. Vet said to try it, half human dose in its food everyday. Seemed to work but you have to watch out for lethargy. If the dog seems lethargic then reduce the dose ;)

As for moulting, I have to vacuum everyday or I start to get a white carpet on my tiled floors :laugh:

• Like 2
On 21/10/2018 at 22:41, steve66 said:

As it happens kay she is white aswell  , think ill get a black one next time ?

Were pretty much the same , she lives in the kitchen/outhouse but they still get everywhere 

surprised shes not bald ?

Same thing happened with my labradoodle creamhairs everywhere, and shocked she didn’t go bald.  

• Like 1
On 19/10/2018 at 10:35, steve66 said:

Anyone else got a dog that moults continuously my staffies terrible , dispite trying different diets ect , she still moults continuously 

just wonderd if anyones dog is the same or have any ideas how to solve it 

Is it a house dog? If so central heating can make dogs moult more than normal.

On 22/10/2018 at 23:31, mushroom said:

Kay have you tried those valerian root pills?

We had a dog that could be be a bit of a cnut with others, years ago. Vet said to try it, half human dose in its food everyday. Seemed to work but you have to watch out for lethargy. If the dog seems lethargic then reduce the dose ;)

As for moulting, I have to vacuum everyday or I start to get a white carpet on my tiled floors :laugh:

I have heard of  skullcap & Valerian , I will have a look online for some reviews.. I am willing to try anything to be brutally honest, i will have a look at these Valerian root pills as well.. I have been looking at these adaptil collars but there very pricey & only last a month