Beddy greys

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good x make good mooching dogs good noise high pray drive an most are game , what size is greyhound bitch an beddy dog ? ,  had 2  beddy greyhounds an beddy  whippet all gone now RIP,  run a 3/8 beddy

Had a first cross many years ago, great bitch , lacked a little top speed but learnt to use the hedge to her advantage,  as for headstrong, breeds that were originally bred to kill on there own ,

Definitely, bang on there pal, Atb

Posted Images

7 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Im total Oppisate find the very biddable and hate a dog staring at me waiting on command so the beddie crosses suit me cant stand dogs picking thete runs ??

Well said pal 

I like a dog just this side of daft , robotic sir stay heel go on dogs drive me wild 

• Like 1

Herding types do have this thing of eye contact the collude for instance full on,eye contact now lots a the European herders don't or very little eye contact I believe this all working types should  have that little bit of cone ti in with handler .but without this obsessive eye contact.working forestry blocks unknown territory they can get lost seen it loads those with the ability to find the handler in any given situation new ground etc ,has to be a must ta me.seen terrier types picked up in the next manor with out a clue of there whereabouts or how to find handler  its swings roundabouts ,I personally like a very stable natural type  in the make up of a jukel and the further from said given collie composoits the better they are for I they better around a eight or sixteen with bits of other breeds chucked in makes them more natural and stable jukels fact has the saying goes diversity this I believe his alls that's needed the benefit of little gives more his at times very true and the collie traits hang in a X bred fa time.atb bill

2 hours ago, bendrover said:

They don't need to watch you . They just need to listen

I never said they need to watch you, was just giving an opinion on canine behaviour, pack followers watch pack leader be they wild canines or domesticated, and more so with herding types that constantly look for direction (commands) from their handler, I only lamp these days and never use a slip lead or verbal commands when out lamping, I'm old school and like a silent stealthy approach to my chosen quarry, fieldcraft, my bitch will stay tight to my side until I give her the forward gesture with my hand to pursue her prey, without it she has to stay put, my way is not right or wrong it's simply my way, I like poaching and so require a canine that's switched on to me, Atb

• Like 1

Don't get where your coming from . You said eye contact is a sign of them seeing you as pack leader and that for the best in your opinion.  That's fine  . Your opinion.  Not mine . I think it's a trait of herding strains.  Imo. Seen many dogs hunt up a variety of pray without the the assurance stares of owner . When job was done and quarry in hand ,said mutt would be back at his job and not breaking his attention like the dogs mentioned.  How many people on here have seen these types look up at their owner just as the quarry makes its move . That split second can be the difference.  It's all opinions 

• Like 1

When my chosen quarry is in the beam and me and my bitch are making our approach and she's tight by my side she can't begin to pursue her quarry until I have given her the forward hand gesture, all this time her eyes are fixed on her quarry, she doesn't look up at me once, she doesn't need to, she can see my hand in her peripheral vision, dogs have something like an extra 60% peripheral vision compared to humans, did you ever try sneaking up on a dog when you were a kid, impossible to do and a source of much wonderment, Atb

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Countryman62 said:

Definitely, bang on there pal, Atb

how your dog bred ?   is it a straight colliex grey   or got other breeds in it or is it a beddyx grey .?  just out of interest  .  deff think drop of collie in a lurcher good thing , same as any other base line blood what ever the breed, but a 1/4 plenty  be it   beddy, pit , gsd , lab , any working breed to 3/4 running dog .

15 minutes ago, bird said:

how your dog bred ?   is it a straight colliex grey   or got other breeds in it or is it a beddyx grey .?  just out of interest  .  deff think drop of collie in a lurcher good thing , same as any other base line blood what ever the breed, but a 1/4 plenty  be it   beddy, pit , gsd , lab , any working breed to 3/4 running dog .

Sire to my bitch a greyhound, her dam generation bred collie/ greyhound, agree with you 100% what you say, have had all sort different x's over the years, all have good and bad points, for me most important thing is putting quarry in front ur canines regardless how they bred, Atb