Beddy greys

Real good workers if ya got right lines had all sorts of different crosses 3/4 greyhound 1/4 beddy whippet/greyhound x beddy s half x beddy greyhound s all worked well and give 100 percent every time slipped or we’re hunting rough cover etc good luck wit litter doubt you have trouble getting homes for them atb taffey 

• Like 1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good x make good mooching dogs good noise high pray drive an most are game , what size is greyhound bitch an beddy dog ? ,  had 2  beddy greyhounds an beddy  whippet all gone now RIP,  run a 3/8 beddy

Had a first cross many years ago, great bitch , lacked a little top speed but learnt to use the hedge to her advantage,  as for headstrong, breeds that were originally bred to kill on there own ,

Definitely, bang on there pal, Atb

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tank34 said:

Should make handy size is the greyhound working 

its a ex track greyhound, but its done bits since he's had it. For a greyhound its quite steady tbh, any i have had you couldnt let them off the leader but this is quite obedient.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, jossa said:

its a ex track greyhound, but its done bits since he's had it. For a greyhound its quite steady tbh, any i have had you couldnt let them off the leader but this is quite obedient.

Most dogs can be taught obedience is there any reason he's not let it work?

4 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

He's doing ok got alot to learn walked him right up to a bunny other week and it didn't move so I clapped to get it running me mate had my dog he slipped him to early so the rabbit went one way and the dog went the other ?? but me pal didn't let him have chance to see the thing before letting him go. He's keen as mustard on them he wants to run every one but so many hedge huggers it's pointless slipping him on them but he will get there still got alot to learn 

Had a bitch once like that pal, one night be dynamite couple nights later just seemed she wasn’t intrested someone once told me she’s (JADED). (bored or lacking enthusiasm, typically after having had too much of something).   Just yourself and dog want to be going out, Get as close as possible to them and make sure the dogs got eyes on it and ready to go, I have same problem with hedge huggin...slipping dogs on no hopers are just disheartening yourself and your dog, with the right amount of time and effort he should turn just into what you want mate atvb with him mate 

LURCHERLAD 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

He's doing ok got alot to learn walked him right up to a bunny other week and it didn't move so I clapped to get it running me mate had my dog he slipped him to early so the rabbit went one way and the dog went the other ?? but me pal didn't let him have chance to see the thing before letting him go. He's keen as mustard on them he wants to run every one but so many hedge huggers it's pointless slipping him on them but he will get there still got alot to learn 

Yeah berra off lamp um keep him on till the run even if have to kick it up the arse 

• Haha 1

Had a first cross many years ago, great bitch , lacked a little top speed but learnt to use the hedge to her advantage, 

as for headstrong, breeds that were originally bred to kill on there own , terriers saluki etc are less inclined to respond to instruction when stimulated as say collie crosses , collies arnt bred to kill, the very act of working with its owner  is feedback enough 

as in any breed what we love about them and what we f***ing hate about them is always closely linked , we love the drive determination and single mindfulness , we hate the stubbornness , aggression when not working and explosiveness 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Casso said:

Had a first cross many years ago, great bitch , lacked a little top speed but learnt to use the hedge to her advantage, 

as for headstrong, breeds that were originally bred to kill on there own , terriers saluki etc are less inclined to respond to instruction when stimulated as say collie crosses , collies arnt bred to kill, the very act of working with its owner  is feedback enough 

as in any breed what we love about them and what we f***ing hate about them is always closely linked , we love the drive determination and single mindfulness , we hate the stubbornness , aggression when not working and explosiveness 

fair point that  mate, i was talking to a bloke last week who kept  pure beddys and beddyxs  for long time, his favorite   type dog and its xs .But he did say the same as you, that they deff not like a herding x , that colliexs and gsd xs, kelpie , acd , etc  are very biddable type dogs , beddy and there xs  , have differnt mind set to them. my 2 dogs 95% of the time always have one eye on me. it does piss me off at times lol , but thinking about it , suppose its better than a dog who (dont ) listen  and just gets his head down and pissed off, there  a old sayin ( better the devil you know )  and its very true in dogs ive found over the years .

1 hour ago, bird said:

fair point that  mate, i was talking to a bloke last week who kept  pure beddys and beddyxs  for long time, his favorite   type dog and its xs .But he did say the same as you, that they deff not like a herding x , that colliexs and gsd xs, kelpie , acd , etc  are very biddable type dogs , beddy and there xs  , have differnt mind set to them. my 2 dogs 95% of the time always have one eye on me. it does piss me off at times lol , but thinking about it , suppose its better than a dog who (dont ) listen  and just gets his head down and pissed off, there  a old sayin ( better the devil you know )  and its very true in dogs ive found over the years .

Im total Oppisate find the very biddable and hate a dog staring at me waiting on command so the beddie crosses suit me cant stand dogs picking thete runs ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

Im total Oppisate find the very biddable and hate a dog staring at me waiting on command so the beddie crosses suit me cant stand dogs picking thete runs ??

i am the same mate , like said it pisses me off with this staring at me , i do know that say 1/4 collie  or 1/4 gsd  to 3/4 running dogi would have got a dog not so focused on me, but more on other things  .Bryn never stalked  , but did  would only run what he wanted , not complain  really  as when he was younger would get few 30s a night, that was ok for me.Buck simlar in temp with this feckin staring  at me all the while,but  same carnt complain  as he give  good shift in the lamp, got better stamina than Bryn . i did have beddyx as my 1st lurcher 34 years ago , was ok but never really got on with it , but thats just me we all differnt, i  still think that herding x  if like above watered down down a bit   a 1/4  x 3/4 running dog  make great lurcher . i can see why beddyxs are popular ,  nice size not bad coat, and pace, but think i prob struggle with the temp of them if i am honest, Buck to nice  whippet x grey bitch or lurcher bitch  make good alround lurcher in my mind .

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bird said:

Dogs keeping an eye on you shows ur pack leader Ray, dogs want to work for you not just themselves, best way to have em imo, atb pal