Beddy greys

A good friend of mine is going down the route of breeding a litter of beddy greys. He's found a beddy stud dog that is doing the job as in actual earth work. how many lads on here have 1st cross beddy greys and whats your thoughts on them?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good x make good mooching dogs good noise high pray drive an most are game , what size is greyhound bitch an beddy dog ? ,  had 2  beddy greyhounds an beddy  whippet all gone now RIP,  run a 3/8 beddy

Had a first cross many years ago, great bitch , lacked a little top speed but learnt to use the hedge to her advantage,  as for headstrong, breeds that were originally bred to kill on there own ,

Definitely, bang on there pal, Atb

Posted Images

its rare to find a Bedlington of good working stock these days, especially if its doing  what you say, just for intrest  do you know what lines are in it, I have found over the years that good working  bedlingtons are thin on the ground, always was a great enthusiast of the  Bedlington lurchers wonderful dogs for general all purpose work,last one I had  came from a pest controller and the line went back to john piggins old strain which could certainly do the business, I wish you all the best with the litter and would like to hear how they progress.

• Like 2

Good x make good mooching dogs good noise high pray drive an most are game , what size is greyhound bitch an beddy dog ? ,  had 2  beddy greyhounds an beddy  whippet all gone now RIP,  run a 3/8 beddy 5/8 greyhound now handy bitch IMG_0536.thumb.JPG.e6dad0579699106853ac80da024cab66.JPG

• Like 9
1 hour ago, tank34 said:

Good x make good mooching dogs good noise high pray drive an most are game , what size is greyhound bitch an beddy dog ? ,  had 2  beddy greyhounds an beddy  whippet all gone now RIP,  run a 3/8 beddy 5/8 greyhound now handy bitch IMG_0536.thumb.JPG.e6dad0579699106853ac80da024cab66.JPG

Good noise? ? hear a lot of stories bout them being yappers ?

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Boristheblade said:

Good noise? ? hear a lot of stories bout them being yappers ?

Yappers only one of the 4 beddy x was my beddy whippet an only in cover when up something arse but stopped when broke cover for me was handy as you new when dogs had put one up in cover , all mine have hunted up worked cover marked up some better works then others but all worked hard an put game in the bag ?

10 hours ago, Black neck said:

Nice one ty what about the colly grey side of things

The dam was poxons bitch real racy looks like she would fly grate rabbit dog but done her back in so he had to retire her early he was gutted I think he still dose abit of ferreting with her 

1 minute ago, Saltmoon said:

The dam was poxons bitch real racy looks like she would fly grate rabbit dog but done her back in so he had to retire her early he was gutted I think he still dose abit of ferreting with her 

Ahh that's right remember now how's yourn in gerrin on 

10 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Ahh that's right remember now how's yourn in gerrin on 

He's doing ok got alot to learn walked him right up to a bunny other week and it didn't move so I clapped to get it running me mate had my dog he slipped him to early so the rabbit went one way and the dog went the other ?? but me pal didn't let him have chance to see the thing before letting him go. He's keen as mustard on them he wants to run every one but so many hedge huggers it's pointless slipping him on them but he will get there still got alot to learn 

9 hours ago, tank34 said:

The beddy dog is round about 16" and the greyhound is just shy of 26".