Impact out for the first time.

philpot

No of course I don't mean mine...........................

My shooting buddy and I went up to the range yesterday to set his new Impact up with the scope and get it zeroed. This was done at 25mt, which for an FAC .25, is very short but we were going out on the rats and roosting ferals to get used to the gun so this zero is fine and to be honest it is only half a mildot holdover for 65mt so okay for him to get used to the gun.

We popped down to my rat perm, a dairy farm only five minutes from me and although I had my Impact with me, it is more about Chris finding his feet with his new pride and joy. The ground was really messy with the recent rain which didn't go down well with me as I had forgotten to put my welly boots in the car and really couldn't be arsed to go home and get them. I stayed near the gate where it was quite dry and let Chris have a full run around the farm buildings/pens and I have to say, it was amazing just how much of a sound the pellet makes when it hits the rat. I guess I am so used to making that sound myself and only hearing a faint tap from Chris's HW110 sub 12, now I am hearing the heavy thwack to tell me he is getting some action at the other side of the barns.

After a while Chris returned with a major smile across his face.................'WHAT A FCUKING TOOL'..........................'FANTASTIC BIT OF KIT'......................so I am to take it he is pretty pleased with his first outing with the Impact. The tally was very poor as the rats are not showing in any numbers yet but he got 17 rats and 11 ferals and now is wanting to make his mark on the bunnies. We are clay shooting this afternoon so my wife, Trish and myself will no doubt be hearing in great detail a shot by shot account of the first outing and I am expecting him to ask if we are out on one of the other perms after the rabbits tonight.

My shooting pal is a very happy chappie.

Phil

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, philpot said:

No of course I don't mean mine...........................

My shooting buddy and I went up to the range yesterday to set his new Impact up with the scope and get it zeroed. This was done at 25mt, which for an FAC .25, is very short but we were going out on the rats and roosting ferals to get used to the gun so this zero is fine and to be honest it is only half a mildot holdover for 65mt so okay for him to get used to the gun.

We popped down to my rat perm, a dairy farm only five minutes from me and although I had my Impact with me, it is more about Chris finding his feet with his new pride and joy. The ground was really messy with the recent rain which didn't go down well with me as I had forgotten to put my welly boots in the car and really couldn't be arsed to go home and get them. I stayed near the gate where it was quite dry and let Chris have a full run around the farm buildings/pens and I have to say, it was amazing just how much of a sound the pellet makes when it hits the rat. I guess I am so used to making that sound myself and only hearing a faint tap from Chris's HW110 sub 12, now I am hearing the heavy thwack to tell me he is getting some action at the other side of the barns.

After a while Chris returned with a major smile across his face.................'WHAT A FCUKING TOOL'..........................'FANTASTIC BIT OF KIT'......................so I am to take it he is pretty pleased with his first outing with the Impact. The tally was very poor as the rats are not showing in any numbers yet but he got 17 rats and 11 ferals and now is wanting to make his mark on the bunnies. We are clay shooting this afternoon so I am expecting him to ask if we are out on one of the other perms after the rabbits tonight.

My shooting pal is a very happy chappie.

Phil

Sounds like the rabbits are in for a walloping with both of you now haha, very nice... ? 

• Like 1

Nice one Phil

i cant wait to get mine but in sub 12 for now any way

I just love to go with Pav and use his .25 impact fac and thermal scope

the mans a legend in my eyes not many lads hand over a impact and thermal scope for you to use

niiii on £5grands worth of gear

the hardest part of the night is handing it back lol

I was hooked with the impact from the very first moment i squeezed the trigger

i just hope its as good in sub 12

tell Trish i say,d high

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

On 19/10/2018 at 07:56, bigmac 97kt said:

Nice one Phil

i cant wait to get mine but in sub 12 for now any way

I just love to go with Pav and use his .25 impact fac and thermal scope

the mans a legend in my eyes not many lads hand over a impact and thermal scope for you to use

niiii on £5grands worth of gear

the hardest part of the night is handing it back lol

I was hooked with the impact from the very first moment i squeezed the trigger

i just hope its as good in sub 12

tell Trish i say,d high

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Would you go for .22 or .177 BM, ATB.

The weight of the Impact almost doesn't matter because the balance of the gun that makes a huge difference. With the rifle being shorter than the HW100, it keeps ALL the weight between your hands so the feel is of a much lighter gun which can, in my humble opinion, be held on target for longer and easier. The sits on the scales at 3.2kg but you will think it is less. I have found NO other rifle that feel so good to use as the Impact but that is just me and others may not agree. It must be said however that the new crown, whilst being a full length rifle feels so light in the hand and again the balance is superb although I have only had a feel of one in the shop.

Phil

• Like 1