FX Impact .177 barrel set

My pal has just bought a s/h Impact .25 which came with a spare .177 barrel and two mags. My pal didn't want the spare barrel so the RFD has it for sale, they cost new £350 approx plus £50 for the extra mag and is up for sale at £200 with both mags including postage direct to you.

I have no interest in this sale, just thought if anyone has a .22 or .25 Impact might want a .177 spare barrel set at a good price. I think you could get it a bit cheaper if you push it but that is down to you.

The RFD is Crawfords Shooting Supplies in Scunthorpe, tel 01724 846 000 and by all means say that Phil Roberts put you on to the sale.

Phil

2 minutes ago, philpot said:

My pal has just bought a s/h Impact .25 which came with a spare .177 barrel and two mags. My pal didn't want the spare barrel so the RFD has it for sale, they cost new £350 approx plus £50 for the extra mag and is up for sale at £200 with both mags including postage direct to you.

I have no interest in this sale, just thought if anyone has a .22 or .25 Impact might want a .177 spare barrel set at a good price. I think you could get it a bit cheaper if you push it but that is down to you.

The RFD is Crawfords Shooting Supplies in Scunthorpe, tel 01724 846 000 and by all means say that Phil Roberts put you on to the sale.

Phil

If i had the money Phil id of had it mate and stuck with the 22 impact

that iv ordered

but im changing it to 177 now

all ways the same lol

some thing comes along when you got nout lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Sad 1

That is a shame Jimmy because I was thinking it would be perfect for you mate, you never know how long it will be in the RFD after all it is not that many shooters have Impacts so could be a slow mover.

Had it been a .22, I would have had it myself.

Phil

5 minutes ago, philpot said:

That is a shame Jimmy because I was thinking it would be perfect for you mate, you never know how long it will be in the RFD after all it is not that many shooters have Impacts so could be a slow mover.

Had it been a .22, I would have had it myself.

Phil

Phil,  what would happen if you put .22 on your impact being .25 ,how would that affect your FAC ?

I have a slot for a .22 barrel on my ticket Mitch as it was my plan to have both cals but in truth I have not needed to go that route. At half the price of a new barrel / mag, I would have had this had it been in .22 and totally legal.

Phil

1 minute ago, philpot said:

I have a slot for a .22 barrel on my ticket Mitch as it was my plan to have both cals but in truth I have not needed to go that route. At half the price of a new barrel / mag, I would have had this had it been in .22 and totally legal.

Phil

So you would need to put  your impact on your  ticket again ,  So what would happen if you wanted another .22 gun ?

They would say you will need to sell the one you have ,  but its also your .25 , are you seeing where I am coming from and this is one of the reasons  I had two separate guns 

You can have more than one fac air rifle in a particular cal so there is no issue. As for a spare barrel it may well be similar to most mods as few have maker's names let alone serial numbers and are listed as unknown.

Yes, as you do with any FAC rifle. I have sent mine back to have a variation and now have slots for 17HMR and .22WMR although it is unlikely I will bother. A variation is only £20 and takes a week or two.

No issue really Mitch

Phil

The barrel, action and even bolt are commonly the same serial number.

Of course there are always reasons why this can change, the SAKO Quad is an obvious example.  The CZ 455 also has barrel options etc., etc.

FAC is a pain, and some of the rules seem daft, but you can have what it says on your FAC, or simply apply for a variation!

:thumbs:

• Thanks 1

That's great. I knew it would be a good deal for someone. I was in the shop today buying some guns but they never said although perhaps I left before you bought it.

You got a good deal as it is only a few months old.

Phil

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, philpot said:

That's great. I knew it would be a good deal for someone. I was in the shop today buying some guns but they never said although perhaps I left before you bought it.

You got a good deal as it is only a few months old.

Phil

What did you buy then Phil?