As some of you know I ordered a FX crown .22 FAC , it arrived just over week ago ,all I managed to do is to scope it up .

Any how this weekend I have spent about 5 hours zeroing crown in ,  testing with different pellets ,  different power settings with different pellets and still not finished with this yet .

Barrel does not seem pellet fussy with a wide range of pellets , even H&N are half decent ,which I can never to get these to work in any of my guns .

Best three pellets so far AA field 18gr , JSB exact 15.9gr and falcon accuracy plus 13.4 gr all though H&N barracuda hunter showing promising ,need a bit more testing with these .

Another pellet I need to test is AA fields 16 gr  which I have run out of stock  , AA pellets seem to give a tighter group than JSB ,or though AA's are made by jsb 

AA fields 18gr are the best , running @ 920 fps/ 34 ft/lbs  this is on .30 settings 

JSB exacts 15.9gr running @ 940 fps /31 ft/lbs this is on .22 setting 

Both pellets zeroed in @45 yards and 1 mill at 75 yards 

This gun is probably the only gun I need , so versatile as I can take this gun down 10.6 with JSB exacts and up to 36 ft/lb with out changing any reg settings ,which is set 130 bar , sub12 to fac in seconds, not bad is it 

I will now  be using crown instead of my .177 BSA ultra  on one of my permissions which is no good for fac but using Falcon accuracy plus running @700 fps 14.5 ft/lbs  which will be ideal and only takes me less than 10 seconds to change settings on the gun and to adjust turrets on scope  . The Discovery scope ,  NV addon and crown works very well with each other , very nice set up 

Wow this gun is good and I mean out of this world with its versatility of power settings 

Question is what am I going to do with the FX impact .25 and the rest of my PCP guns ?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, villaman said:

As some of you know I ordered a FX crown .22 FAC , it arrived just over week ago ,all I managed to do is to scope it up .

Any how this weekend I have spent about 5 hours zeroing crown in ,  testing with different pellets ,  different power settings with different pellets and still not finished with this yet .

Barrel does not seem pellet fussy with a wide range of pellets , even H&N are half decent ,which I can never to get these to work in any of my guns .

Best three pellets so far AA field 18gr , JSB exact 15.9gr and falcon accuracy plus 13.4 gr all though H&N barracuda hunter showing promising ,need a bit more testing with these .

Another pellet I need to test is AA fields 16 gr  which I have run out of stock  , AA pellets seem to give a tighter group than JSB ,or though AA's are made by jsb 

AA fields 18gr are the best , running @ 920 fps/ 34 ft/lbs  this is on .30 settings 

JSB exacts 15.9gr running @ 940 fps /31 ft/lbs this is on .22 setting 

Both pellets zeroed in @45 yards and 1 mill at 75 yards 

This gun is probably the only gun I need , so versatile as I can take this gun down 10.6 with JSB exacts and up to 36 ft/lb with out changing any reg settings ,which is set 130 bar , sub12 to fac in seconds, not bad is it 

I will now  be using crown instead of my .177 BSA ultra  on one of my permissions which is no good for fac but using Falcon accuracy plus running @700 fps 14.5 ft/lbs  which will be ideal and only takes me less than 10 seconds to change settings on the gun and to adjust turrets on scope  . The Discovery scope ,  NV addon and crown works very well with each other , very nice set up 

Wow this gun is good and I mean out of this world with its versatility of power settings 

Question is what am I going to do with the FX impact .25 and the rest of my PCP guns ?

Nice, am glad you sound pleased with it even though 5hrs is not a great deal of time to spend with a gun and to gel with it.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes over the next few weeks/months.

You have to keep the impact, everyone should own at least one .25

• Like 1

It will be interesting Mitch to see how well the Crown does in comparison with the Impact at max range for these guns, I don't go beyond 120mt and rarely but the comparison would be interesting shooting through a Chtony at that distance to see what the output is. Funnily enough I never used the Rapid .22 fac at any distance so no idea what it would have been like.

Phil