Nitesite rangefinder

Bit of help needed, when I got the nitesite I purchased the nitesite rangefinder aswell, I want to fit the rangefinder onto the photon but the fitting on the rangefinder is on the bottom and the fitting on the photon is on the side, now it fits with a mount I got with the tracer f900 but it's fits sideways, so is there a mount or a configurable of mounts I can get so the rangefinder will fit the right way up... Picture to follow. Here's the pic see how it only fits on sideways.. Hopefully there's a mount I can buy

DSC_0375.JPG

Edited by Phill-W68

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I sent Sam FROM Nitesite a picture of my nitesite rangefinder and he said the new weaver L- bracket will fit my rf so he,s sending me one out foc... ☺ 

F*** off the niteshit one and buy CRS cheaper and  lighter I cant not stand the over priced niteshit stuff  This is my opinion of niteshit and many others agree with me before any body starts on

What you like at metal work phil... recon your gonna have to make a bracket if you want to stick with the nitesite rf you could probably sell the ns one and buy a new one cheaper than what you’ll

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, si brown said:

What you like at metal work phil... recon your gonna have to make a bracket if you want to stick with the nitesite rf

you could probably sell the ns one and buy a new one cheaper than what you’ll get for it from crs

My metalwork is as good as my rangefinder choices ? 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Phill-W68 said:

My metalwork is as good as my rangefinder choices ? 

are any of your mates engineers or work in the kind of place that could make one for you?!

if not it'll have to be a new one from crs cos im pretty sure if you mount the ns one on top of the tube it wont work cos of the power dial on top blocking the laser!

5 minutes ago, si brown said:

are any of your mates engineers or work in the kind of place that could make one for you?!

if not it'll have to be a new one from crs cos im pretty sure if you mount the ns one on top of the tube it wont work cos of the power dial on top blocking the laser!

Nope, dont know any engineers, I can't  mount it on the top, I want it on the side just the right way up... 

Would the Nitesite scope mount fit the Photon tube then mount the rangefinder as normal.?

If that is no good, it would be quite possible to cut off rangefinder foot and screw onto one of the many weaver fittings available on ebay. You just need to think outside the box Phill. My suggestion is to slide off the rangefinder mounting bracket then start searching the net for a fitting best suited to the job.

Lastly, be prepared to bond the rangefinder directly onto a weaver fitting with a glue such as Gorilla glue which is a superb product.

Phil

• Like 1
7 hours ago, philpot said:

Would the Nitesite scope mount fit the Photon tube then mount the rangefinder as normal.?

If that is no good, it would be quite possible to cut off rangefinder foot and screw onto one of the many weaver fittings available on ebay. You just need to think outside the box Phill. My suggestion is to slide off the rangefinder mounting bracket then start searching the net for a fitting best suited to the job.

Lastly, be prepared to bond the rangefinder directly onto a weaver fitting with a glue such as Gorilla glue which is a superb product.

Phil

I have an idea Ive got an old rail from when I used to go paintballing and airsofting, that will work a treat once cut to size but I need another one of these (see pic) ... Its from the tracer f900 ir kit I've emailed tracer to ask if they sell these separate.... 

DSC_0376.JPG

7 hours ago, philpot said:

Phil

No mate, the rf mount wont fit onto the photon it's just like an arm that slots onto the nitesite screen clamp... Maybe the gorilla glue might work as the rf is light in weight. 

That looks like you may have a solution Phill. Have a look on ebay or one of the airsoft sites for weaver/picatiny mounts as there are quite a few that we would not use in airgun shooting but nevertheless exist in other applications.

I often find that I need to actually see a fitting to spark off an idea. Good luck with it Phil.

Phil

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, philpot said:

That looks like you may have a solution Phill. Have a look on ebay or one of the airsoft sites for weaver/picatiny mounts as there are quite a few that we would not use in airgun shooting but nevertheless exist in other applications.

Phil

Only problem I can think of is it isn't adjustable so god Knows where the rangefinder would be pointing, but I,ll sort something out... 

There is a fully adjustable mount like the one Si has shown and I believe there is another that can be bought on ebay which will allow you to set exactly to the aim point. In fact I am thinking of doing the same as I have weaver rails on the FX Impact that are not in use so I can set my Nitesite finder to the gun rather than the Viper or Wolf units I have but in my case I may need to transfer to another gun at some stage although I really don't think it would be required.

Phil