Am I turning into an Anorak?

5 minutes ago, Deker said:

Just got Henry Kranks 2019 Catalogue...…..

That's the bedtime reading sorted for a while! :laugh::thumbs:

That’s perfectly normal mate, no anorak there, just don’t throw one off the wrist, that would be a tad worrying, 

Just now, villaman said:

Put it this way , I am not gay:laugh:

For the younger members of this forum who have been brought up with the internet, in the days before readily available pictures of girlies with nowt on your mums Kay’s catalogue was the “go to “ that and page 3 of the Sun . Them were the days !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, Meece said:

Empire stores. You could even buy air rifles and Baikal shotguns. they just  came through the post. Paid for weekly.

I remember that, in fact as a teenage lad I bought a Webley tracker for £2 a month from a catalogue. A mate bought a Beretta o/u.

I don't  remember Beretta or anything really decent . I possibly remember there was a Manufrance 3 shot pump and maybe a SKB sbs but it's too many years ago.  I can't remember if you had to send your certificate in or whether the agent just had to see it. Which ever way there was a situation for misuse. The certificate in those days was just a white card folded in half. there were no gun details. It was just name and address,  a description of what a shotgun was a date and a force stamp. Nutters like Ian Brady and Mira Hyndley  had handguns.  Some Criminals had sten guns but generally there was no problem with guns. It just didn't  happen.  But there weren't drugs and nutters were in mental Institutions and not left to roam the streets. Pikeys were dealt with and the police were  men and did their duty unlike now where they turn away.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Great Universal catalogue used to sell Franchi shotguns and Marlin rimfires, as well as airguns of course. They stated that “we regret that cannot supply guns to customers residing in Northern Ireland “. 

Oh, it may of been a franchi now you mention it!.