Gay rights activists can suck it!

Five Supreme Court justices allowed a challenge by the McArthur family in a unanimous ruling in London on Wednesday in what has become widely known as the "gay cake case".

Announcing the court's decision, its president, Lady Hale, said: "This conclusion is not in any way to diminish the need to protect gay people and people who support gay marriage from discrimination.

"It is deeply humiliating, and an affront to human dignity, to deny someone a service because of that person's race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.

"But that is not what happened in this case."

She went on: "As to Mr Lee's claim based on sexual discrimination, the bakers did not refuse to fulfil his order because of his sexual orientation.

"They would have refused to make such a cake for any customer, irrespective of their sexual orientation."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/10/10/christian-owners-bakery-win-appeal-discrimination-ruling-refusing/

:toast:

Victory for freedom! I still reckon they should be free to refuse business with gays or whoever full stop but glad this was taken to the Supreme Court and sense has been seen.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I,ve bought a fair few cakes and pies in my life, never had to explain my sexual preference to anybody that worked in the bakery, what kind of cake was it, something shaped like a torn welly or a wiza

f***ing hate them flamboyant in your face trannies, just shut the f**k up up an get on with your life like normal folk. Always trying to make everyone tow the line, I'd love to knock f**k outa a

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/10/10/christian-owners-bakery-win-appeal-discrimination-ruling-refusing/   Victory for freedom! I still reckon they should be free to refuse busin

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I guess it's an argument between religious beliefs and gay rights , can't help but feel the gay couple should have just used another bakery. Surely we've much more important things to be using the justice system for.?

exactly my thoughts. i dont agree witi the cake makers but they should be able to refuse custom if the dont like the customer. 

it should have ended up with the gay couple calling the bakers dickheads and go to another bakery. far more important things to do than drag it thru the courts

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I guess it's an argument between religious beliefs and gay rights , can't help but feel the gay couple should have just used another bakery. Surely we've much more important things to be using the justice system for.?

I think that labelling this as a religion issue would be a misrepresentation. It's really about where rights meet liberty. The issue could and is encountered in situations completely free of religion. For instance it could just as easily be a Republican asking a very anti Trump clothing manufacturer to make MAGA hats and being refused.

Completely agree otherwise though. I can't believe it took the Supreme Court to put this to bed. Every Judge below needs a f***ing good looking at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Welsh_red said:

exactly my thoughts. i dont agree witi the cake makers but they should be able to refuse custom if the dont like the customer. 

it should have ended up with the gay couple calling the bakers dickheads and go to another bakery. far more important things to do than drag it thru the courts

Agreed but there's a detail here that should really be stressed. This ruling doesn't allow businesses to refuse business if they don't like the customer (because they're gay for instance), that would be illegal generally. They have ruled, however, that in this case the sexuality of the customer was not significant in the bakers refusal to do business, it was simply the product that they were being asked to provide. Basically, the bakery would have refused to bake the same 'gay cake' for a customer of any sexuality.

1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

Agreed but there's a detail here that should really be stressed. This ruling doesn't allow businesses to refuse business if they don't like the customer (because they're gay for instance), that would be illegal generally. They have ruled, however, that in this case the sexuality of the customer was not significant in the bakers refusal to do business, it was simply the product that they were being asked to provide. Basically, the bakery would have refused to bake the same 'gay cake' for a customer of any sexuality.

what did they want on the cake that was so bad

4 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

what did they want on the cake that was so bad

Just some pro gay rights slogan. I think to you and me it would be no big deal "give me ya money, I'll bake whatever you want", but then we probably don't have any strong feelings about sexuality. Then again, if I was a baker and LACS targeted me for a anti propaganda cake I'd want to tell them to do one too.

The important thing is that liberty has been protected. The law shouldn't be deciding how we must feel about stuff. My belief in the legitimacy of my freedom to hunt is no less than the christian belief in the illegitimacy of homosexuality. They're simply personal beliefs.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Does it make you gay if you want a gay rights activist to suck you off?? I know wearing a satchel makes you half way there but surely wanting a gay dude to blow ye trumpet is a bit of a mile stone on the path to poofyness ????

Technically...... I said 'gay rights activists'. They may well be heterosexual females!

Possibly........... :icon_redface:

• Confused 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

But why would a satchel wearing sissy wanna gobble off a straight woman ? for a real clever dude your awfully confused pal?‍♀️

I feel confused now too. :laugh: I would explain, but I don't know if it's a joke I don't understand. 

• Haha 1

I,ve bought a fair few cakes and pies in my life, never had to explain my sexual preference to anybody that worked in the bakery, what kind of cake was it, something shaped like a torn welly or a wizards sleeve, problem with all these modern mincers is they want to force  acceptance on every body, take gay pride as an example, do hetrosexuals have a straight pride day , no they don't,  and I also have a few gay friends who would not be seen dead attending these events, the left can't just live and let live and accept we are all a bit different,  we are forced to accept there way or they brand you with a word ending in phobic, good to see common sense prevail, though at massive expense to the tax paying public ? ? ? ? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1