EFK in loft for cluster flies?

Large house has bad problem with Cluster flies, I suggested to use two EFKs but householder is reluctant to have it on 24/7 unattended in the loft.

Spoke to Barrettine who said they are safe to use in the loft with a tray extension.

Looked through the Barrettine catalogue for them and a larger 30W seems appropriate.

They are wired into the lighting circuit, do they have an on off switch on them?

Anyone with any experience of this to comment?

Ta

4 minutes ago, jackg said:

Large house has bad problem with Cluster flies, I suggested to use two EFKs but householder is reluctant to have it on 24/7 unattended in the loft.

Spoke to Barrettine who said they are safe to use in the loft with a tray extension.

Looked through the Barrettine catalogue for them and a larger 30W seems appropriate.

They are wired into the lighting circuit, do they have an on off switch on them?

Anyone with any experience of this to comment?

One of my custmers has a 2 x 15w efk with hopper up there. Householder should check with their insurer and you should check your PL. 

• Like 1

I find the spray type foggers work best, the cluster busters can have a use, to be honest never used an EFK. 

Can't help thinking they are still going to be clearing them up round the house for a while even with an EFK in place!

:thumbs:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, myersbg said:

All the ones i have in lofts are all glueboards , as with all EFKs in roof spaces just make sure the cages around them are small enough to stop bats from entering.

Fck didn't think about that, imagine a bat on the glue board ??

What advantage is a fly killer as opposed to just fogging it? I'd put the EFK in the house and fog the loft 

11 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Fck didn't think about that, imagine a bat on the glue board ??

What advantage is a fly killer as opposed to just fogging it? I'd put the EFK in the house and fog the loft 

If there is bats in , fogging is out, EFKs just another option

• Like 1

Probably not the done thing but as diy effort I used one of those fumigation pellets used in poultry sheds. Smoke was pouring out from under the eves, tiles... everywhere. Needless to say it sorted not only the flies but every other living thing up there as well. 

• Haha 2